Rookie

TWC not listed under Roku cable activation listing

I am trying to watch a show through Roku that aires on AMC.  I did this as recently as Saturday.  When I went to watch the latest episode, which is available to watch, it is wanting me to put a cable activation code in again (which you should only have to do the first time you actiate, right?).  So that is annoying enough but the kicker is that TWC isn't listed in the list of cable providers.  What gives? 

22 REPLIES
Expert

Re: TWC not listed under Roku cable activation listing

Is it now Charter/ Spectrum?

Rookie

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info.   Probably a good idea if it is listed in parenthesis as (formerly TWC) to avoid confusion??  I don't recall getting any info in the mail explaining the change or noticing a change on my cable mail, but maybe I missed it.   * Sorry, I didn't initially read your post as a question.

Rookie

I thought Comcast bought TWC but all I see listed is Comcast/Xfinity and I don't remember hearing anything about that.

Expert

The Comcast deal was blocked and fell thru. It's now Charter/Spectrum... Is there a listing for them in the AP and does it work?

Rookie

No, Charter/Spectrum is not listed together or seperate.

Lead Moderator

AMC is available through TWCTV.com (on your pc). Trough the TWCTV Application for multiple platforms as well. You can tune to TWCTV on your Roku, TWCTV.com and our Apps and receive both On Demand content and Live programming.

Regards,
Julia R.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Thanks for the info.  I would like to watch through Roku but it is still unclear to me which cable service provider to select in the drop down list when entering the activation code in???  TWC is not listed.

Lead Moderator

You will want to do a search for TWCTV and add that "Channel" once you have

that added to your Roku "Channels" you can open that up and navigate to 

AMC. It is part of our TWCTV lineup. 

1. From the home screen of your ROKU®, select Channel Store.
  2. Use the remote control arrow buttons to flip to the TWC TV® channel.
  3. Select Add.
  4. Enter your 4-digit PIN if prompted.
  5. Launch TWC TV® by selecting Go to Channel.

Regards,
Julia R.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Again, thanks for the info!   I am actually trying to watch it through the AMC app on Roku.  I had no problem doing that before.  Does ANYONE know why TWC is not listed in the cable company selections?  Or, am I supposed to select a different cable company????  To be 100% honest, I used to watch shows On Demand but got so sick and tired of all of the gliches, hang ups, and "we're sorry, that is currently unavailable" that I started watching through Roku apps instead (which were much more reliable) and there doesn't seem to be a logical reason (that anyone has explained to me yet) that I shouldn't be able to continue doing that!?!?!?!?  That is nice that there is a TWC TV channel app but I have to assume that it is as unreliable as On Demand is!