Valued Contributor

TWC TV app not working on Roku 1

The TWC TV app on my Roku 1 player has stopped working. When I try to log in, I get an error message: "Feature unavailable. The account holder has either blocked access to this feature or does not subscribe to an eligible video package." I did a complete factory reset of the Roku player; however, I continue to get this message. The app was working until this afternoon. I have Time Warner Standard TV service.

How do I unblock access to this feature? I did not block it myself. (The block should have been disengaged when I did the factory reset on my Roku player.) I cannot find anything in the "system" menu to block or unblock TWC TV. All other streaming channels on my home screen are working properly. Is there a setting in the "system" menu that will allow me to unblock the TWC TV app?

Thanks much. Your help is appreciated.

Jeff (jhs19060)

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: TWC TV app not working on Roku 1

unplug power from both your cable boxes and cable modem for a minute, they may be out of sync

Valued Contributor

This is currently a known issue and it is being worked on.

Boxes aren't needed to log in or for live tv access, only for remote dvr management services. So a reboot is not necessary.

**update** 

This has apparently been corrected, if you still have issues please contact TWC to further troubleshoot. 

-
I am a Charter employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent Charter’s position, strategies, or opinions.
Valued Contributor

My TWC app is working well again as of earlier this evening. I tried to access it, and the usual authenticating, getting program list and data, etc. messages came up on my TV screen, below the Time Warner Cable logo, followed by the main menu. I tried to send a message earlier stating that the app was again operating well, but I had a power outage here just as I was about to post it. Smiley Sad

Anyway, the app works well now (just watched a program about 30 minutes ago on one of the cable channels, and everything looks fine). I did not realize, until I read one of the responses to my last post, that the issue I was experiencing was in fact a known problem with this app, but am glad the problem has been resolved.

Thanks much. Your efforts to resolve this problem are appreciated.

Jeff (jhs19060)

Expert

did resetting power on the 2 device restore operation or did theRoku start working by itself?

Also, please mark as problem solved.

Valued Contributor

I didn't have to do anything except wait a few minutes. The app just started to work again on its own when I booted the Roku a second time.

Jeff (jhs19060)