Re: TWC Roku app not working

I apologize for the issues but we no longer support the Roku 1 and 2 the minimum requirement is Roku 3. The app may work at times but will not run smoothly. 

Participant

Not true! A Roku 2 is the same as a Roku 3. Only difference is the remote. Roku 2 is outdated.
Observer

The software for the 2 is the same as the 3 so how do you support one and not the other?
Lead Moderator

The Roku 2 and Roku 3 are very similar however they have a different chipset. 

Our system requirements are now Roku 3 models and up. 

Please also note that the Roku SE Model has the same chipset found in the Roku 1 and 2 (models 2710 & 2720) and therefore the app will not run smoothly. It does not meet our minimum recommended specifications and you will more than likely experience latency in navigation as well as other issues. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Luc
Newcomer

For several days already, I have the same problem that TWC app is not working with my ROKU 3 device. I have called TWC and I followed all the instructions the technical support representative asked me to do (delete the app and readding it again, unplug and plug the Roku device). Also, as the tech representative had told me that it may be a problem with the ROKU device, he suggested to call ROKU which I did. ROKU technical support rep told me that the problem is no with Roku device since all the other apps are working very well. He said that the problem is with the TWC app and recommended to call back TWC and ask them to fix the problem. Is there anyway that I can solve this problem? I don't want to waste more time calling TWC without having anysolution to the problem. I already had spent good part of my time today.

Observer

The problem is with the app and there hasn't been a resolution. I've since tried to put the app on my other devices (phone, laptop, iPad, etc) and get the same error message. When I called TWC back the tech told me someone had closed out the ticket. I asked him to open it back up because the app still isn't working. I can't get the app to work on any of my devices.
Observer

TWC never called back about the issues with my TWC app; however, after hard resetting my modem as well as my Roku 2 and deleting and reinstalling the TWC app my system is once again working. I had to delete and reinstall the app on my devices in order for it to work, but it's currently working. I'm glad the comments about TWC not supporting the Roku 2 were inaccurate.
Lead Moderator

@Please_help  Our apologies for the issues, TWC no longer supporst the Roku models 1 and 2.

The minimum requirement is Roku 3 or newer. The app may work at times but will not run smoothly. 

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

My TWC APP has not been working for 2 days, even after reinstalling it. Can someone please help.

I have a Roku tv by the way