Lead Moderator

Re: TWC Roku app not working

@jennabelle   If you will please do a powerdown of the Roku through the settings menu rather than just 

the on off button on the remote, this is said to correct this issue. Once this power down is done if you are 

experiencing the same issue please delete and then readd the TWCTV app. Thank you! 

If not we would greatly appreciate your letting us know! 

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Rookie

I have already done the powerdown thru the settings menu...there is no on/off button on the remote. That did not fix the issue.
Newcomer

This worked for me.  Removed and then re-installed the app for my Roku 1 and it is now working again.

Powering down didn't work, but the delete and re-adding did.

Observer

Same with mine. The only reason I don't switch to Dish Network is because of the TWC app on Roku. If TWC takes that feature away I'll switch to Dish. Would rather have dish anyway
Observer

Just deleted TWC and reinstalled. It's working now.
kgb
Newcomer

Here's the solution..... at least what worked for me:

The app only seems to work if you've got your ROKU set to work for a digital (HDMI)  TV.  I had tried to use the app with my old SD TV with the RCA cables going to the input of the TV, and when the ROKU was set for a SD screen size, all that would happen is that the TWC logo would come up and then the app would quit.

I tried deleting the app and that didn't help.   I tried unplugging the ROKU and rebooting and that didn't help.

SO HERE'S WHAT WORKED.

Take your ROKU and first connect it with an HDMI cable to a digital TV and set the video to 720p.

Once the video is set in that mode, then you can disconnect the ROKU and move it to your SD TV and connect it via the RCA cables.   DO NOT RESET THE VIDEO.  Leave it in the 720p mode.   If you reset the video to a 4:3 display, the app doesn't work.

Now, you should have the ROKU TWC app working on your older SD TV.

Hope this works for you.

Newcomer

I have tried all of the suggested fixes this meaning on both my Roku stick and Roku 3. Any other thoughts?

kgb wrote:

Here's the solution..... at least what worked for me:

The app only seems to work if you've got your ROKU set to work for a digital (HDMI)  TV.  I had tried to use the app with my old SD TV with the RCA cables going to the input of the TV, and when the ROKU was set for a SD screen size, all that would happen is that the TWC logo would come up and then the app would quit.

I tried deleting the app and that didn't help.   I tried unplugging the ROKU and rebooting and that didn't help.

SO HERE'S WHAT WORKED.

Take your ROKU and first connect it with an HDMI cable to a digital TV and set the video to 720p.

Once the video is set in that mode, then you can disconnect the ROKU and move it to your SD TV and connect it via the RCA cables.   DO NOT RESET THE VIDEO.  Leave it in the 720p mode.   If you reset the video to a 4:3 display, the app doesn't work.

Now, you should have the ROKU TWC app working on your older SD TV.

Hope this works for you.

Newcomer

I restarted Roku even had it reconnect to the wireless network but TWC does not show up as an option.  I have an account and am watching right now on a different TV.  How do I get TWC TV as an option. I used to have it as an option but do not use it alot.

RWT

Newcomer

Went to the ROku support page.  They said to go to the channel store but on ROKU 2 there is no channel store on the home page.  I finally did find a place to add TWC TV (in the search menu).  It took a lot of looking and many dead ends.

Observer

I'm having the same issues with my Roku 2. TWC has an open ticket but can't seem to fix the problem. The app will not work after reinstalling and restarting the system. Any help would be appreciated. I get the error, "We apologize, but we are unable to fulfill your request at this time. Please try again later."