Spectator

Re: TWC App Skipping and Buffering Issues...it actually seems worse than before.

TWC App accessed through ROKU: Skipping and Buffering Issues...it actually seems worse than before after I made the change to the hidden menu. I tried automatic with debugging disabled also. Then I test each individual speed with debugging enabled and disabled -- no change.

• all other apps access via ROKU work fine -- no skipping or buffering
  • skips forward fast during watching tv programming; studders and buffers data
  • happens primarily when watching major network channels like NBC, CBS, ABC
Newcomer

Re: TWC App Skipping and Buffering Issues...it actually seems worse than before.

Yes. I have the exact same issues. My Roku3 is LAN and it's really frustrating watching football. I can go on the ESPN app and there's no issue. I've also had no issue with the direct tv app, it only appears to be the TWC app.

Had a tech come out & he did tests and everything checked out great. We have one box and every channel on the cable box works great. It has to be the app, right?

It used to be fine until about a month ago. Driving me crazy!

Valued Participant

Re: TWC App Skipping and Buffering Issues

If this isn't fixed soon I will be leaving twc as rokus are the only way I watch TV in my house. This is just ridiculous. Can't watch nothing without pausing and skipping 5 seconds. Twc instead of focusing on "tracking my repair tech on my smartphone" you need to find someone knowledgeable enough to fix issues like this in a short matter of time, not 2 months.
Newcomer

This doesn't seems like a fix to me.  All other apps work fine.  tWC did as well until recently.

It may be premature to label this thread "solved." Resetting the bandwidth has worked for a few, but not most if the testimony here is to be believed.  I've tested every bandwidth setting in that hidden menu  and none of them make any difference.  The TWC app -- and only the TWC app -- still freezes, stutters,  and repeats.

In another "solved"  thread, TWC customers are advised to unistall the app,  turn off their modems, routers,  and Roku boxes, turn them back on for a hard boot, and then reinstall the app. This time-consuming proccess will work for a time -- in my case,  about ten minutes.

I have one Roku TV,  two TV's operating from Roku 3 boxes, and one TV still operating on a TWC-supplied Cisco "digital transport adapter. " All the Roku-operated TVs freeze, stutter, and repeat when running the TWC app. The one Cisco-controlled TV operates perfectly, although the picture quality doesn't begin to compare with Roku. I had thought that maybe the problem was our wireless router (Netgear Nighthawk) since the Cisco box is hardwired. So I hardwired one of the Rokus via an ethernet cable, but the problems remain.

The hardwire experiment eliminates the wireless router as part of the problem,  and I've confirmed this by consulting the hidden platform and wireless menus -- everything is well in the green.  Have also done several speed tests to see if our Internet connection was fast enough for streaming -- nothing below 17 mbs, more than enough for high definition.  The fact that every other app we've used works well over the Roku and the additional fact that the Cisco box is able to deliver the TWC channels with no problems leads me to the inescapable conclusion that the problem is the TWC app and nothing else.

Another fact: The bandwidth fiddling  and the multiple reboots are not true solutions. At best, they are work-arounds -- and not very effective work-arounds, from my experience.  It is not lost on your customers that your app is one of the few -- perhaps the ONLY -- that requires these tweaks have a chance of working correctly.

I write this next graph for the TWC execs who lurk in this forum in the hopes that you'll pass this up the line.  Their are 8 million Roku boxes out there, meaning Roku owns about 20% of the streaming market. Roku is more user friendly and delivers a vastly better video experience than your Cisco adapters.  And your customer base is not all that loyal; there are far too many people complaining about rising rates and declining service on this forum.  There are lots of streamers who will be all too happy to abandon TWC when new services (like AT&T's Internet-delivered Direct TV) appear.  You really ought to give some serious thought to fixing this sucky app before it starts sucking on your bottom line.

So far this has worked for me , still some buffering but not as bad. Using Roku access the Platform secret screen ,> RF remote menu>  firmware update, and update to V220 expermental . You cannot use the normal roku update screen cause it will not use the expermental version.

to get to the secret screen press home 5x - FF-DOWN-REW-DOWN-FF.

Observer

My skipping and sound issues are getting maddening. When I 1st discovered the TWC/ROKU app I was tickled!! Everything worked flawlessly for years ....then the "updates” or whatever TWC call their improvements? After a while the dust settled and things started working smooth again.......but the euphoria was short lived.   I even got a ROKU 3 for Christmas (probably because of my complaining?)  hard wired 2 feet to modem.   The other day the whole TWC went crash …nothing worked,  passwords wouldn’t enter, It was dire. I did get tech support on the phone and they were super helpful in trying to get things resolved but 5 techs later never really did so I just said I’ll wait it out it was clear it was a system issue. ANYWAY my sound is dropping in and out cutting out and oddly only on the one channel I have on 80% of the time!! (FOX NEWS) I attempted the secret menu speed change and no change.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

@CHEVEN

I apologize for the frustration with your services.   If the issue remains unresolved, we ask that you contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp for assistance.  We are happy to troubleshoot to see if we can help you resolve the issue.  

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Observer

Thank you for your prompt reply, i'll see how it looks tonight when i get home and go from there 

Observer

[ Edited ]

I did recieve a messege from support, don't know why I didn't get a notification from them via e-mail because I did get one when you posted.

thank you for your help 

I suppose the  TWC forum help section  isn't as diligent as yourself because I have yet to receive a reply or resolution to the audio pauses and or skipping.  Yesterday the APP wouldn't even  log on and today the TWC /ROKU app shortcut  is gone completely replaced by the SPECTRUM  shortcut (but it did work after re-entering password)  While I admit the skipping has decreased greatly there are still a few every few min.   (the other day it wasn't even watchable)  I'll let the SPECTRUM dust settle and see where it goes.....

Thank you