Not applicable

Spectrum tv and Roku

I have Spectrum tv and phone but I have AT&T internet service. I can log into my account but I can't watch my spectrum channels thru Roku.  What do I have to do to be able to watch my Spectrum tv channels on my Roku?

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Helper

Re: Spectrum tv and Roku

@tap1 wrote:

I have Spectrum tv and phone but I have AT&T internet service. I can log into my account but I can't watch my spectrum channels thru Roku.  What do I have to do to be able to watch my Spectrum tv channels on my Roku?

Get Spectrum internet.

Browser

Unfortunately if you read the fine print a Spectrum authorized modem is required to have Spectrum anywhere on a Roku. The only way you have a Spectrum authorized modem is to have Spectrum internet. 

Proven Sharer

@LGT wrote:

Unfortunately if you read the fine print a Spectrum authorized modem is required to have Spectrum anywhere on a Roku. The only way you have a Spectrum authorized modem is to have Spectrum internet. 

Indeed.  You can't even put your Roku behind a VPN even if you are on your home LAN using an authorized Spectrum modem becuase the VPN bypasses the modem's MAC address and Spectrum cannot get a finger on the modem that is making the request...