Highlighted
Newcomer

Spectrum on roku

If I have spectrum internet and WiFi and watch spectrum via roku, do I need a cable subscription?
4 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Spectrum on roku

Yes.  You will only be able to watch the programming that you pay for.  The "app" replaces the set-top box.

In addition, the full lineup of channels will only be availble to you at home while your Roku is attached to the modem / router that is associated with your internet and video service.  You can't take your Roku to your vacation home and watch programming there...

My friend just watches TV through her Spectrum app on Roku.  She was able to cancel her cable BUT keep your internet through Spectrum.  She gets all of the "basic" channels and Spectrum lets you pick 8 or 10? extra channels to add.  PLUS, her monthly fee went down.  Win-win I'm thinking.  Now, if there was only a way to do this online but, alas, it's Spectrum so they have to be difficult.Smiley Sad

Lead Moderator

Sounds like if she has her basic channels and 10 more she has subscribed to the 

Spectrum Choice video package.

You do need to subscribe to video service, either a traditional package or one of the newer choices to be able to stream through SpectrumTV.com  or the app. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Helper

@janemjohnsonssw wrote:

My friend just watches TV through her Spectrum app on Roku.  She was able to cancel her cable BUT keep your internet through Spectrum.  She gets all of the "basic" channels and Spectrum lets you pick 8 or 10? extra channels to add.  PLUS, her monthly fee went down.  Win-win I'm thinking.  Now, if there was only a way to do this online but, alas, it's Spectrum so they have to be difficult.Smiley Sad

Your friend didn't "cancel her cable." She switched her cable tv package from a traditional package with set top boxes to Spectrum Choice.