Observer

Spectrum app on Roku keeps asking me to log in

My Roku unit restarted on its own and now I can't log into the Spectrum app.  I get to the login screen, enter my username and pw and it takes me to a "Welcom to Spectrum TV screen where I have to log in again.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Endless loop.

I unplugged the Roku and restarted it.  Same endless loop.  Other apps on the Roku seem to be working. 

Is there a system problem?

4 REPLIES
Browser

Re: Spectrum app on Roku keeps asking me to log in

[ Edited ]

I can't get into the app on Roku either.  I keep trying to log in and it tells me different things at different times: either there's an unspecified problem and it's error S502 *or* my account is blocked/I do not have access to this (which is bs because nothing has changed since this morning when I did have access to it) yet it gives the same error code.  So it seems like Spectrum is screwed up, yet again.

Edit: I should point out my Roku did NOT restart at any time when I started having problems, but then I decided to manually restart it myself to see if that would fix the problem and it did not.

Edit again: The app is VERY slow to come up on my Android phone but does eventually work (so clearly the 'blocked account' nonsense it tells me on Roku is incorrect since it's the same **bleep** account).

Established Sharer

You might try rebooting your modem and router. Not sure why it worked for me but it did when I had this issue. 

Rookie

[ Edited ]
It's doing the same for me. Either looping logins or the s502 error.
Boz
Sharer

[ Edited ]

If you try to launch the app again after you see the S502 error, are you able to access the app?

I saw the S502 error last night, but I immediately exited and relaunched the app, and it worked fine.  I did not receive a re-login request.  This was on a Roku XS 3100R.