Spectator

Spectrum TV app won't open on Roku Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick+

The Spectrum TV app works fine on my TCL Roku TVs, and my phone, but it won't open on my new Roku Streaming Stick 3800 or my new Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810. After clicking on the Spectrum TV channel (app), it loads to the standard Spectrum logo blue screen for about 10 seconds, but then it just closes itself and takes me back to the purple Roku home screen every time. It never gets to the login screen or anything else...and there are no error messages. I've tried restarting Roku, unplugging Roku for minutes, factory reset Roku, and uninstall/reinstall Spectrum TV channel app multiple times. Every other channel app is working fine.

Roku software version 8.0.1 , build 4090. Spectrum TV version 4.8 ,build 2. I've already chatted with Roku support and Spectrum support but they couldn't fix it.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

7 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Spectrum TV app won't open on Roku Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick+

Also try rebooting your modem and router. Sometimes that seems to do the trick. 

Spectator

Last night I disconnected the power on the modem for 5 minutes, but that didn't fix the problem. All the other apps are working fine and my WiFi internet speed is high on every device. I don't understand how rebooting the WiFi router would have any affect on this one Spectrum TV app. But will try that later just to check that off the list.

BTW, my TCL Roku TV somehow logged me off my Roku account yesterday. After logging the TV back into my Roku account, now the Spectrum TV app on my TV is acting exactly like my Roku sticks. I tried power cycling and did a factory reset. Still no luck with this app. It was working just fine on my Roku TV before this happened.

Any other suggestions on why none of my Roku devices can open the Spectrum TV app? Am I seriously the only person having these issues with this app?

Helper

Definitely not the only one having issues. These forums are full of people having issues with the app. 

Newcomer

I have a TCL Roku TV and my app won't let me login. Every time I click on app it puts me back on home screen. I see a lot of ppl are having this issue. What can we do? Since I'm not the only one is it TCL Roku problem? I hope it works soon I was wanting to sign up...
Valued Participant

When the Roku Spectrum TV app starts giving trouble on a TCL Roku TV or Roku Streaming Stick, the best solution is to bypass the app altogether and use a standalone Roku (the version that looks like a hockey puck) if the TV has HDMI ports. I don't know much about TCL Roku televisions (or any of the Roku TVs, for that matter), since I use a standalone Roku device on my own flat screen, but the solution I mentioned was one I had read, either here or elsewhere (don't remember exactly where).

I also do not know why the supplied Roku TV app on TCL and other Roku TVs and Streaming Sticks  sometimes gives this trouble; my best guess, however, is perhaps a "buggy" Roku TV app occasionally gets into the field and is unknowingly (in that the defect in the app is not known to the manufacturer) installed in certain production runs of these TVs.

Spectator

My TCL Roku TV was logged into the Spectrum TV app and it was working fine, but somehow it logged me out of my Roku account on my TV or it factory reset itself, and then I had to log in again and download the Spectrum TV app again, and then the app stopped working on my TCL. Also, the Spectrum TV app has never worked on either of my two new Roku sticks. This is a serious and ridiculous issue that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Does anyone from Spectrum tech support ever reply to the messages in this forum?
Community Manager

@drewb9r

The community forums are intended to be peer to peer support.  

For direct assistance, we encourage you to contact our Social Media Customer Care team:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum