Valued Participant

Spectrum TV app still receiving incorrect local TV channels

I have been trying for over a week to resolve a problem with my Roku Spectrum TV app. (I have Spectrum Choice TV service without a cable box.) The app is receiving local TV from Cincinnati, Ohio instead of from Cleveland, and I am tired of it.  I pay this cable company a lot of money each month to receive flawless service, and do not appreciate having to call Spectrum almost every day for the same issue. The last time I had this problem, I spoke over the phone with a representative who told me the issue would be resolved; well, that evening, I turned on my TV and did in fact get the correct local TV stations for my area, but the next morning they were replaced by Cincinnati stations, a situation that remains to this day as I write this. I have absolutely no use whatsoever for Cincinnati local TV, as I live near Cleveland, and I don't like the idea of having to call back every day or so for the same problem. What is causing the delay in getting my cable service working again as it should?

Thank you.

Jeff 

Fairport Harbor, Ohio 44077

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Spectrum TV app still receiving incorrect local TV channels

copy and paste a CMD level tracert to google.com

Let's see if routing is still thru Clv Hts .

Do you own the modem?

what model is it?

What router?

I hope you're not using a VPN, lol.

Expert

Is this only one channel or multiples and which ones? 

if your own router, do you have the correct time zone set in it?

is the router set to autodetect wan settings?

Are you TWC legacy or a spectrum customer?

Where does your playback device "think it is"?

geolocation...?

Also post a cmd level tracert to twctv.com or watch spectrumnow.com.  need to see how it's routed...

Browser

You probably are playing customer service roulette. if you get lucky your call will be answered by a representative who is familiar with the Spectrum TV Choice product, or knows which person or department can resolve your problem.

When I called to order Spectrum TV Choice, I had to explain the product to the support person.  I am watching your thread to see how it goes, because I have suggested the service to a relative in Wickliffe.