Highlighted
Rookie

Spectrum TV app on TCL/Roku

I purchased a new TCL/Roku TV last week for a cottage 100 miles from my home. I have an excellent WiFi connection through a Verizon Jetpack hotspot..When I try to login to the Spectrum app, I'm told it will only work in my home. I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the app a dozen times with no luck. Ironically, my iPad using the Spectrum app works perfectly. I've called Customer Service and gotten nowhere.

5 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Spectrum TV app on TCL/Roku

[ Edited ]

DJones10, it may help to set up your Roku at home first, using your Spectrum home router.  Then it will probably work in the cabin but you will get a message, "We see you are away from home".  Most of the popular channels will come up "Only available when connected to your home system".... or something like that.  I'm not sure of the exact wording, but the so-called "remote viewing" has been an oversold feature.  BTW, it is NOT theft. 

Established Sharer

The full channel lineup is only available on your home network where you have your Spectrum internet service, not over cell or any other connection (except maybe a VPN). You would have a limited number of channels available outside of your home network, but likely not the channels you are hoping to be available.  If you want the full channel lineup at the cottage then you will need to have Spectrum services installed there.

Lead Moderator

[ Edited ]

Good Morning.

For Spectrum TV Roku, Xbox and Samsung TV are only for In Home use. 

You can login to most of our 3rd party partner apps away from home on your Roku 

device. You can see a list of participants here: Partner Apps

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Re: Spectrum TV app on Fire TV

Julia,
Why can't I subscribe to Sling TV on my Amazon Fire TV box and be able to view CNN. Is it's so they I must subscribe to the Spectrum TV service and it's being blocked for higher revenue? Sorry, but I'm being blunt.
Established Sharer

Re: Spectrum TV app on Fire TV

dietrma wrote:
Julia,
Why can't I subscribe to Sling TV on my Amazon Fire TV box and be able to view CNN. Is it's so they I must subscribe to the Spectrum TV service and it's being blocked for higher revenue? Sorry, but I'm being blunt.

Sling TV has absolutely nothing to do with Spectrum. Sling TV is owned by DISH. Your question makes no sense.