Re: Spectrum App error code RGE-1001 when opening with Roku

REALLY? What do we pay a fortune for. Dropping Spectrum!
Rookie

Whenever this happens - and it has been off and on for the last year - I find the system thinks I'm not at home. Roku app is not letting me log in...so I try live Spectrum TV on the web and it errors out "Live TV and ON-Demand streaming is only available `in the U.S. and its territories."
Where does it think I am, Ibiza? I'm still in my home in Cali but because of this IP address problem now the Roku app thinks I'm trying to log in from out of the country...
Rookie

Try watching on the web:
https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv
if this says you're not at home, the Roku app won't work either because we're not allowed to stream live TV from out of our home network...
Rookie

So I got mine working this morning. I took a few easy steps.

-Power cycle your gateway(or modem and router if seperate.)

-Update firmware on Roku device(It's in the settings, Google a how to; if you can't find it.)

-Update firmware for router(open broweser enter private IP address ex. 192.168.1.1)

-Update firmware for gateway(modem/router**These things are crap and dumb as heck. Waste of money, the signal strength is weaker than an 80 year old, doesn't have external antennas like worthy technology should(Arris TG1672.))

-Delete/Reinstall Spectrum app on Roku device.

-Open app and login

How about you just fix the problem, it’s on going and unresolved...
Newcomer

Spectrum wants us to pay for the box. They dont make a penny when we use our apps. We never had problems in Erie PA until they required the use of set top boxes. Pure garbage company...puke emoji!!!!!

Good evening,

I see your initial response was in August of 2017, I write this on November 6, 2017, and this is still an issue.  When will this be resolved? 

Since Spectrum took over TWC our internet is sub-standard as well as our TV.    TWC was not exactly the greatest, but Spectrum is worse.

Sincerely,

TN