Spectrum App error code RGE-1001 when opening with Roku

I have the error code RGE-1001 show when opening the Spectrum App.  Was working fine yesterday, not able to access just the Spectrum App.

156 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum App error code RGE-1001 when opening with Roku

@MarkOrcutt

I apologize for the frustration and service issue. There is a known issue with the Spectrum App on Roku.  Our engineers are aware of the issue and working to restore services as quickly as possible. Deleting and reinstalling the app may resolve the issue. Unfortunately, there is not an ETA on the repair.

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

It works this morning, I am hoping the issue is resolved as it appears to be a frequently occuring disruption of service, as evidenced by the repeated forum threads, which get the vanilla explanation and condolences.

Newcomer

I get the Error Code RGE-1001 along with pixelation and disconnected audio and video.  

When will the Spectrum App be fixed to work with Roku televisions?  I believe, from the threads on this forum site,  that it has been a "known error" since at least June 20.  Let's get going on this.

Newcomer

Guess I should have looked here first. I just bought a Roku solely because I wanted to use the Spectrum App. Now this. What a let down.

Deleting and re-installing did not work in my case.

Newcomer

My Phone Service has gotten worse since Spectrum. I have been receiving calls for other clients on my phone line through them for someone name Laquisha Johnsons delinquent payments. The internet has started getting really poor and now the app doesn't work.  I am already getting rid of Phone and Internet through Specturm due to this, but I was at least going to keep TV. Maybe not now.

Newcomer

This sucks because I purchased roku tv so I can use the spectrum app.
Newcomer

I see this was a response from 2 weeks. What's the status on this issue?

Does anyone know when they are going to get this error fixed??
Newcomer

This keeps happening!!! What is the problem? When I signed up for this service the rep tried selling me on voice saying that my cell service could fail. Guess he didn't know how unreliable their internet service is. I just sat down after a long day and get this stupid error and can't watch tv. This is at least the third time in a month!!!