Highlighted
Newcomer

Re: Spectrum App error code RGE-1001 when opening with Roku

Agree with the previous statements....we pay a lot for the service and communication is sketchy. Should we start looking for another provider?

I just got off the phone with customer service and they confirmed, even though they don't have it listed as an outage and you arent informed of an outage in your area when you call, there is a problem with video on-demand and all of the spectrum apps. You would think that we would be able to confirm that online. Because I don't see any mention of an outage.

Im going to
Newcomer

What is ALLOW?  I am in a rural area and Time Warner, now Spectrum, has been my only real option for cable or cable internet. I recently agreed to an "upgrade" which added streaming TV to my internet service.  They told me the streaming TV would be "only" $20 per month - not terrible if it actually worked - and they said my internet would be faster and would cost less. I returned the old modem and installed the new one, which by itself was supposed to knock off $10 off my bill.  But it didn't.  The internet portion of my bill is now a whopping $5 less - but they added over $8 in fees connected to the streaming TV service.  And the streaming TV works on and off - this is the longest period that it's been unavailable I think, but they can't give me any estimate as to restoration.  I am frustrated like everyone else here - if there's an alternative provider out there, please provide more info!!

AT&T uverse is an option in my area, Dallas
Newcomer

Having the same issues, spectrum sucks! So disappointed that I signed up qith them.
Newcomer

I'd think the app isn't working, nor will it on Roku because if forces people to use a Spectrum cable box which they charge you for.

Wow!  Two days ago I spent the entire day dealing and battling with Spectrum over my bill and the fact I was being charged for channels that I could not get.  After trouble shooting and rebooting my DVR numerous times customer service said I needed a new DVR.  After swapping that one out and setting it up I still could not get those channels.  I called another customer service number and got those channels dropped and the nice tech guy strongly recommended I use the Spectrum app with my Smart TVs and Roku with the other tvs to lower my bill even more (getting rid of their digital boxes.)  I set six TVs up yesterday and everything worked perfectly.  Now this morning....nothing.  The app doesn't even work on my phone.  Glad to hear from others about the update.  Glad I haven't turned in the boxes yet.  Still upset you pay so much for such lowsy service.

Observer

James, with all due respect this issue goes far beyond the ROKU app, it effects IOS, Andriod, and you can't even logon to your PC to watch TV.   Everytime this app goes down it takes DAYS DAYS DAYS to be fixed, and we are never notified, it's like wake up, reboot your modem, try again, no  love.  oh well, better luck next time, that's what it feels like, Spectrum is lucky when it works because they have no idea what is happening.

Rookie

Did that already, no change