Newcomer

Re: Spectrum App error code RGE-1001 when opening with Roku

Not working on Android phone either, error code DGE-1001.

Rookie

Same here, getting it on my Roku again. I agree with the forum it is becoming a normal thing with the same messsage.

Rookie

there shouldn't be an issue, we all pay for this service, seems this was originally posted in August of 2017, it's now January 2018 and it's still happening. this issue should have been fixed a long time ago. I think spectrum doesn't like the fact that people are using other means like Apple tv and roku so they make people pay for cable but shut them down anyway. poor, poor service.
Rookie

you are correct, not working anywhere.
Highlighted
Newcomer

In the same boat. Have been getting the RGE-1001 error off and on for months. Most frequently happens late evening/over night. I, too, have tried every single remedy suggested multiple times this morning... No luck. We are running 300Mps and no one else using internet during the times we have a problem.

SPECTRUM...... No excuse for not having a fix. It is a clearly identified and ongoing issue.... So fix it. period. This is ridiculous. We wouldn't even use Spectrum except it is our only cable internet option for high speed....so we are stuck with this crappy service.
Newcomer

Lack of Spectrum customer service and responsiveness --> transition to Google fiber 

Rookie

I agree completely, I believe they do this on purpose. it happens on a daily basis. with all the technology these days, I can't believe for one second this can't be fixed.
Not applicable

I have to agree with the crappy service.  I do have an option but their track record is worse than Spectrum.

Contributor

This is Ajit Pai's way of welcoming everyone on Spectrum to the Wonderful World of Internet Freedom.

Not applicable

I got this email two days ago claiming there was going to be an "upgrade" this morning between 1 AM and 7 AM. I'm really hoping that they didn't go ahead and break the VOD service. Because my spectrum app isn't working and neither is my video on demand on my regular DVR.. getting The same error as everybody else. This was the email:

"As part of our continued effort to give you the best service experience possible, we will be performing a video software upgrade on your Spectrum TV service on January 18, 2018. As a result, you will lose service for approximately 2.5 hours between 1am-7am.
The following will be unavailable during this time:
• Video On Demand
• Caller ID
• Start Over
• Advanced Search"

... and this morning my video on-demand and the search are both not working. I believe the spectrum app is dependent on the on-demand service but I could be wrong. A bit too much of a coincidence no?

SPECTRUM: we deserve an explanation. Not to mention a fix. . If this upgrade broke something, or if it went over the upgrade window of 1 AM to 7 AM (and is still happening) it is incumbent upon you to tell us. This is a service we pay for, some of us pay A LOT for it. If it's an ongoing issue for this many months, there's no excuse. If there is still an upgrade going on when there was a seven hour window, and nobody's telling us, there is no excuse. If the upgrade broke something, you announce it as a service outage and you roll it back. No excuse . Period.