Re: SPECTRUM APP FOR ROKU NOT WORKING

Was working yesterday, now getting unable to fulfill request error. 27516
N/A

Spectrum app not working this am, 3-26 in 28086

Lead Moderator

3/26 

We are aware of an issue impacting the Spectrum TV App.

Technicians are aware and working diligently to restore services.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

Hi Julia,

How's the "diligent work" coming along? It's funny I always seem to be able to pay my bill, but Spectrum can't always provide their service. Something is inherently wrong with that set-up, no?

Why does this keep happening to the App?  It worked fine for quite some time, prior to the Spectrum conversion.

Can you shed some light on the reason things keep getting screwing up? Is there some, ongoing, change that is being made that is causing our frustration?

Observer

Thanks Julia,

Mine just started working, again.

03/26/17 10:27am

rbuet wrote:

Hi Julia,

How's the "diligent work" coming along? It's funny I always seem to be able to pay my bill, but Spectrum can't always provide their service. Something is inherently wrong with that set-up, no?

Why does this keep happening to the App?  It worked fine for quite some time, prior to the Spectrum conversion.

Can you shed some light on the reason things keep getting screwing up? Is there some, ongoing, change that is being made that is causing our frustration?

Newcomer

I've been having the same problem for about 10 days. Can't watch online either. Also, I am prompted to log in every time on Roku. I'm then taken to a screen to sign up for service. I can't get off that screen except to go back, which returns me to the log in screen. This is ridiculous. I'm paying for a Triple Play Package with HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime and The Movie Channel so I'm paying more than enough for decent service. Things never change with cable.

Different names, same old crappy service.

Valued Participant

[ Edited ]

rbuet, this was an issue with their access rights/ entitlement server. Your best bet for details is to contact Level 3 support, they are very helpful.

Also, it should be working now...

Rookie

SOLUTION???  I was having the same problem.  Try this.  Remove the app, UNPLUG the roku from the power source, not just the TV,  wait 30+seconds, plug into power, reinstall the app, voila! Mine did NOT ask me to sign in but expect it.  I remembered this trick from a previous problem  Good Luck!

Newcomer

I had same problem, kept saying unavailable. Uninstalled app going through the roku sign on, reinstalled and same thing. Have two roku's so tried the other roku And it had me sign back in to spectrum then it worked. Shut it off and then the sign in appeared for the other roku. 

Don't know why or understand but its working now. Until you get the sign in info, it won't work.

Rookie

I've also been unable to access the app across 3 Roku devices and a Samsung smart TV for nearly 2 weeks. I've tried multiple uninstall/reinstall cycles but nothing mentioned in this thread has helped so far. Would really appreciate TWC/Spectrum providing some useful information here.