Not applicable

Roku picture quality

Anyone else have issues where every so often the picture quality when streaming via the Spectrum App on Roku just goes completly down hill?  Totally pixilated... sometimes the channel completely stops playing video... and then.. .without doing anything, it just comes back?  SOOOOOOOO frustrating !!!!!!  Can last from a few minutes to 30 min or so. Happens more in the evening than during the day, but still happens then some times as well.  I switched to Spectrum knowing that I could use the Roku devices to stream, and not have to pay for cable boxes on each TV.  Well, I'm getting ready to switch back because while the internet bandwidth is amazing, not being able to watch TV consistently without interuptions is just not worth it.

5 REPLIES
Observer

Re: Roku picture quality

what speeds do you have with spectrum. i was on the 100 down and i had the same problem as you as well as things like the guides took forever to load up
Newcomer

I have the same issue.  I have a roku tv and a roku device and it happens on both devices.  I have the 200MB down package and the app is still almost unusable.  It works perfectly on my cell phone and Samsung Smart TV.

Helper

Are you using an ethernet connected Roku or wifi?

If wifi, where in relation to the router is the Roku located? (same room, next room, different floor in the house, # of walls in between the two).

If wifi, is the Roku connected via 2.4 or 5 gHz channel?

Observer

It’s a Spectrum Issue.  The headend cannot handle the load of all the streaming that occurs during prime time or during sporting events.  The bandwidth is not the problem.  The engineers are reporting they are working on a solution but that must include the ability to handle all the people who are on at specific times (overloading the system).  Directv Now had same issue as more and more people signed up.  They had to rebuild their digital head end.

Helper

@DWcinday wrote:

It’s a Spectrum Issue.  The headend cannot handle the load of all the streaming that occurs during prime time or during sporting events.  The bandwidth is not the problem.  The engineers are reporting they are working on a solution but that must include the ability to handle all the people who are on at specific times (overloading the system).  Directv Now had same issue as more and more people signed up.  They had to rebuild their digital head end.

Everything you said is true...I just want to rule out anything within the home that could exacerbate the problem.