Newcomer

Roku is timing out and getting a RLP-1004 error

Roku connection timed out and get a RLP-1004 error 

Today, I started having trouble with my Spectrum app saying the connection has timed out everytime I try to use it.  I restarted my Roku.  I removed the app and reinstall it but I still get the connection has timed out.  The message comes up when I enter the app.

Any suggestions would be apprecitated.

15 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Roku is timing out and getting a RLP-1004 error

I'm having the same problem since last night. I've tried all the things you did. I just tried online chat with spectrum, but an agent never responded.

Rookie

Its not just on the Roku devices, it seems to be on the PC app as well. I try to watch from my Windows 10 PC and both Live TV and On Demand lock up after a few minutes.

Whats Up Spectrum?!?!? Cant you make things work all the time? Sucks!

Newcomer

I'm still having the same problem.

I was online with a rep and we were able to fix it.  The ROKU had an update that I had not installed and it made the Spectrum app not work.  To fix it correctly, you have to delete the Spectrum app from your ROKU channels.   Go to the settings part of the ROKU and install the latest update.  Then reinstall the Spectrum app and do all you login stuff.  It worked.

Newcomer

Thanks Constant!! Your solution you suggested worked great for me I was having the same problem too, weird that spectrum didn't suggest that when I was on tech-support with them.
Highlighted
SjB
Newcomer

Mine said it was up to date and after install got same error. What to do next?

Mine too😕
Newcomer

I solved the problem by powering the Roku directly from a socket rather than using the TV USB connection.

Newcomer

I did what the post above suggested and it didn’t work. I restarted the device under settings and the error stopped.