Rookie

Roku apps no longer work

I can no longer watch my apps with no explanation. We can no longer watch HGTV DIY Food Network and others. A few shows we a few episides in to like Food Truck wars, and then bam sorry you can't watch that any more. We go to watch a show we havecwatched before and just suddely get an error, we check our connection, router, restart our roku then go online and sign in with code, then we get another cryptic error that explains nothing accept that we can't watch the show. From customers complaints it sounds like a spectrum issue not a roku and day they have called spectrum and told they have to upgrade their account. I don't want to pay more for the service I already had. I got a roku so I wouldn't have to pay a huge monthey cable bill.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Roku apps no longer work

Are you getting an error code of RLP-1004?

I'm having the same problem

N/A

My Roku apps just stoped working too, I'm getting a RLC-1000 error.

Rookie

The error code I am getting is 60.002 you are not authorized to view this video. Please check your subscription or parental guide settings
Lead Moderator

@Kristi  This message is quite different than the other situation.

First we would ask that you login to your MyAccount page to ensure

that the parental controls are not set to locked for the channel you are

trying to view.

If there are no locks shown we would encourage you to contact us

directly to look into this further for you.

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Thank you, I have done this. There is no option for parental controls where they are supposed to be. I think this is a new Roku problem, somehting that happened with a recent update. Again, many people are suddently having a problem with their apps. I don't think this is a personal issue for me and my roku.

I have done about 3 "chats" and send 2 emails. And got silly auto answers that dont help at all. I havent had time to call in.

Thanks for trying.

Lead Moderator

[ Edited ]

On our test Roku we scrolled down to settings then on the next screen 

parental control was the 2nd down, then enter pin. 

If this is not what you are seeing we would need to further investigate.  There may 
be a problem with the permissions on your account. We can have that looked into for you.

Feel free to reach out to our Social Media Customer Care team at 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums