Newcomer

Roku Stick will not consistently play stream

I have been interacting with @AskSpectrum for almost 3 years on this SAME problem.  The stream does not stay active.  It happens on both of my sticks, but not my wired Roku 3.  

I have had countless tech's out that ALL agree it is the app.   They even have said, my Roku does the same thing.  Please fix it.

3 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Roku Stick will not consistently play stream

I was told this ticket was the culprit, TRB6937926, but have no clue if the people @askspectrum have really troubleshot my issue or just giving me lines to get me off their back?

Expert

Use an ethernet connection, wireless will not work in dense housing unless you're right next to the wireless router and it's on a more or less a clear channel.

A better router might help, with external antenna's and locked to ch 3 or 8

DHCP lease should be set to a day, not an hour and WPS should be off

Boz
Sharer

Which Roku Stick are you using?  It's my guess that there is a WiFi or internet issue at your location.  It seem that the TWC/Spectrum app needs a better WiFi/internet conection to work properly, compared to other Roku apps, such as Netflix or Amazon.

Did you have the tech's troubleshoot/optimize your internet connection and/or check your WiFi?

We use (1) Roku Streaming Stick (2016) 3600R and (4) old Roku 2 XS Streaming Player 3100R devices, in our house, all over WiFi, and they all work flawlessly on our 30Mbps internet using a Ubee MTA Model DVW32CB.