Rookie

Re: Roku P6 error Resolution

Today is 7/9/16. This morning I found your posted resolution to Roku P-6 error on the TWC app. I followed the directions and it Worked perfectly..Thank you. To all users with a roku 2...try this, I get all channels on TWC app as I had before a few days ago, when it failed.

Community Manager

Scouser102

Thank you for posting the resolution, it looks like many users are able to resolve their issues with your instructions. I am reposting your instructions so they can be marked as a solution.    

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Community Manager

Scouser102 wrote:

After some time with Roku my P6 error is resolved without the need to perform a factory reset. I did not lose any of my settings.

Step 1: From the Home screen, press the following button press on your remote (do it quickly and ignoire the screen until done) : Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right
Step 2: Press OK to “Enable installer and restart”. While enabling developer mode, it will ask for password. A new password has to be set here. This will put the player into developer mode and reboot the player.
Step 3: Once the player is back to the Homescreen, follow Step 1 again to enter into the Developer Settings screen
Step 4: Press OK to Disable installer and restart. This will take the player out of Developer mode.

TWC app will now work.

If you get a Purple video screen (I did on one of the 5 devices) then follow this to resolve.

Step 1: Unplug Roku Power

Step2: Unplug Roku HDMI Cable

Step3: Unplug HDMI from back of TV

Step4: Unplug power from TV

Step5: Wait 1 minute

Step6: Apply power to TV and turn on

Step7: Connect HDMI Cable to both TV and Roku

Step8: Apply power to Roku

Problem solved.

Reposting to mark as solution.  

Rookie

Thank you thank you. Worked on 2 Roku LTs.

Rookie

Did not work on roku 3
Spectrum Employee

Please note that your firmware is now 7.2 and thats when this problem started. If you have a roku 4 or any roku with older firmware version but lates TWC app version, you will see that it works without any problem. It all started when roku pushed 7.2 firmware.

Observer

The solution worked great. But I noticed that my channel lineup changed.  I do not have my local stations, which I had before the P-6 error and the channel numbers for all the stations I do have do not correspond to the channel numbers on my regular TV.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Browser

It looked like it might work but now I get P700 and P702 errors on TWC TV on a Roku 2.   Only TWC fails

Rookie

Re: Error code P-6

Nice job explaining P-6 fix!! Worked like a charm on mu ROKU 2 model 2720X box without losing a single setting. TWC app back on track. Thanks.
Participant

Thank you so much it worked... Been waiting and checking for days to see if it would come back on...i just tried this and yes you have to do step one quickly but it worked and I'm so happy!!! So thank you very much...