Re: Roku P6 error Resolution

Thank you for your post but I can't get it to work I have done the first step 3 times and I don't every get to the next step to "Enable"

Rookie

You rock! This worked great!

Browser

You need to press the buttons quickly. Took me 3 times the first try. Figured out you just have to be quick at it.

I know it works for Roku 1, SE and 2. Any others I cannot guarantee.

My next 4 devices I got first time.

Newcomer

Thanks--it worked.

Rookie

Thank you it worked on my roku 2 (2720X).

Observer

Add another "worked for me."  Roku LT (2450X).  Received a P7000 error on first attempt to view a channel; exiting the app and restarting it cured the problem.  Now watching TWC on my Roku again!

Helper

rsignorenc wrote:

I put the device in developer mode and the the TWC app worked! 

Huge thank you!!

I left the device in developer mode. Is there any reason why I should disable developer mode?

That's fine, but if you run across menus that you don't  understand: cancel or go back.

Rookie

Re: Error code P-6

Observer

I left the device in developer mode. Is there any reason why I should disable developer mode?

I would say that unless you are a Roku developer, take it back out of developer mode.  Leaving developer mode activated leaves a web server running on your Roku that is only minimally secured (with the password you entered) and will allow anyone who gains access to push apps onto your Roku.  The normal security of the Roku channel store is bypassed, so these apps can do practically anything they want, and you may not have an indication they are running.

Spectator

YES IT WORKED! THANK YOU SCOUSER102. My hero!