Newcomer

ERROR CODE P-6

Your Roku app was down for about a month here and after frequent calls to support and online chats it starting working again a couple of weeks ago.  I know it was last working here 2 or 3 days ago.  Tonight I am getting error code P-6 on both my Roku units.  The TWC app loads and starts to download a stream then error code P-6.  Previously when it was out for over 3 weeks it was a different 2 digit error code.  This is extremel disappointing.  Hard wired cable works, Internet works, Wi-Fi works and the Roku units work, other than with your app.  What is going on?  Is this part of the improved service promised by Charter as you rebrand to Spectrum?  I am just flabbergasted about this feature and how you can not seem to fix it.  I rely on this feature for a bedroom TV where the cable jack is non-functional.  I really do not think this app is a high priority with all that is going on there, but it is a very high priority here.  I am spending a LOT of money with you every month primarily because of this app.  I have NOT canceled my DSL service yet and may go back to starter cable only or get a big antenna. 

What is error code P-6 exactly?

Re: Error code P-6

P-6 Issues here too....  Called TWC twice yesterday and after a time investment of at least two hours, a customer service rep finally told me that they were having issues providing Roku box TV service.  Among the many inaccurate and ridiculous explanations, some of the reps told me that I needed to call Roku to have my boxes fixed.  Due to unreliable TV service, a few months ago, I added antennas to each of my TVs and I am lucky enough to get clear reception on most local stations.  If they have not restored service by Monday, I am cancelling my TWC TV service.  Hang on to your Roku boxes, GOOGLE will be here soon!!!

Newcomer

This just started suddenly after working fine on my Roku 2. If this is the case why does the error message say "at this time" and "please try again later". I HATE TW canceling today. Beyond ridiculous expensive and the actual cable box freezes constantly. Worst service I have ever had.
Rookie

Re: ERROR CODE P-6

i got the same thing on my roku . i use mine for the living room . been out now for days. am ready to switch back to dish. tierd of this and the very over rated and high priced twc

Participant

Jhf5 how do I reinstall the twctv app? I went to Google play and typed in twctv buy received no results. Your advice is appreciated
Participant

Carriejones yes I'm getting frustrated too. Did you buy the indoor box antennas or outdoor style antenna?
Rookie

I'm all for bashing TWC when appropriate but this particular problem is not on their end, it's Roku. Why do I think this?

1.The problem started for everyone in here after immediately their Roku devices updated to OS 7.2. That is NOT a coincidence. TWC has nothing to do with Roku OS updates. 

2. If this was a TWC problem, then why are there people up thread stating that their Roku 3s are having the same issue? That device is supported by TWC. 

3. Go look at the Roku forum. There is P-6 error thread there too. Roku says they are aware of the problem and that they are working on a fix. 

Like I said, I'm all for bashing TWC, (Edited) and if any of you choose to rage cancel because of this I applaud you! It's just not a practical option for me. I just thought I'd share what I found out, and I'm pretty sure this is a Roku issue, not TWC. 

I bought the indoor antennas, one for each tv---

Participant

ROKU 1 P-6 ERROR IS FIXED!!!   I just got off the phone with ROKU technical support, (he was awesome) and my ROKU 1 is now working. We had to try several options but finally needed to reset the box which ultimately fixed my P-6 error message problem. I would recommend trying each step in the event you do not have to go through all the steps to fix your problem. You may need to set aside about 15-20 minutes to go through all the steps. LEAVE TV ON.

1. First try unplugging the ROKU power supply and leave off for at least 10 seconds, re-plug and try the TWCTV app.
  2. If this still doesn't work, try uninstalling the TWCTV app by highlighting the app then hit * key, choose “remove.” Unplug ROKU power supply for at least 10 seconds, plug back in and reinstall TWCTV app by choosing “search” and type in “Time Warner Cable.” If you are prompted to type in TWC username and password do so.
  3. If you are still unable to access TWCTV app, then look for the tiny hole on bottom of your unit and use a paperclip to push the reset button. Hold until TV screen is black and ROKU reboots. The reset bottom is on the side of the ROKU streaming sticks.
  4. Now you will be starting from scratch and will need link code that appears on your TV and go to www.roku.com/link and enter code. Open TWCTV app and enter your TWC username and password.

This solved my P-6 error code problem and can access all my channels. After 3 days, of waiting for the problem to resolve itself, the steps above fixed my P-6 error message. Good luck.  

Participant

Same thing happened to me a few days ago was hoping it would resolve itself but didn't so I called ROKU and they were able to fix my problem