Observer

Re: Error code P-6

I have the same problem and mine was working just fine yesterday.  I don't think it is the Roku devices.

Newcomer

This procedure worked for my (2) Roku SE's. I removed all the apps except TWC and 3 others and P-6 error went away. My Roku streaming stick and older Roku 2 XD never got the P-6 error.

Browser

I tried the same thing along with a factory reset and still cannot connect.  I am firnly convinced that the final blow was the update from Roku itself.  However, I believe the actual problem is in the TWC app.  I believe this because, even though all my Roku systems are at version 7.2 now, every app I have tried has worked except the TWC app.  However, while I am intending to cancel my TWC account and move on, I won't be puirchasing any more Roku systems once I have moved on  because I personally think this whole experience doesn't pass the smell test.

Browser

I don't know yet.  My issue is two fold. First, I need to be able to get to regular TV.  The beauty of the TWC app was that it provided access to realtime local streaming.  The second thing is that it must be simple enough for my mother in law.  I was thinking about using the TWC app on a computer and using Chromecast to stream the TWC app to the TV but that's way too complex for my mother in law.  I thought about using a tablet but you can't cast the TWC app from Android.  Thanks again Time Warner (and Google Chrome).  At this juncture I'm probably going to move to True Stream and hook up my antenna again.  Since I'm in So Cal this won't be an issue for me but plenty of people won't have this option if they don't live close enough to the transmission antennas to get a good signal.  Verizon is trying to trash access to live streaming as well but they don't matter as I can't get them in this area anyway.  While True Stream is more expensive for the internet access than TWC, my current TWC bill is around $260.00/month and so True Stream and the antenna would represent a $200.00/ month savings and that is pretty attractive.

Observer

Just contacted Roku customer service and they said they are aware of the problem with accessing TWC app and they are working on it at their end.

Newcomer

I couldn't get the stick to work on any of my 3 flat screen tvs a couple of months ago when I had to convert 7 of my 11 of TVs to Roku.  TWC said my wiring no longer supported 11 tvs.  I had 3 older rokus, which worked fine till this week.  Now all 3 have the p-6 error.  Have spent hours on the phone with TWC.  They say it should work, but doesnt.

Newcomer

In addition to the Roku, my chromebook won't access anymore.

Rookie

I have a roku 3 and lt neither are working
Observer

Same issue here- my Roku 1- current gen now gets p-6 error

bought specifically to use with older tv in guest room that only has composite inputs

Worked great until now- slow to load channel but streamed without issue once loaded

obviously the problem isn't with the device since everything loads for the app and it authenticates etc

not a memory issue since i deleted every app except twtv from the roku and still no go

All other apps including u-tube which is a memory hog work great 

Once again time warner is going out of it's way to annoy customers

First they switch locally to all digital and tell us to purchase rokus without saying that the current roku 1 would be incompatible - then they do this without warning

And on top of that they can't be bothered to support vizio and sony smart tv's

Observer

What's even worse is that TWC says they are not supporting Roku 1 and 2.  Older TVs like mine only have composite inputs and Roku 3 won't work with these. TOTAL. UNMITIGATED.  BS!!!  TWC is FORCING those of us with older TVs to rent their digital boxes.