Observer

Re: Error code P-6

TWC moderator: Please note that our supported devices have changed: Only Roku 3 and newer are supported.

Response to TWC and my question: Why is TWC not supporting Roku 1 & Roku 2 anymore? TWC should support all devises old & new. Why are you expecting your customers to have to buy new devises to keep up with TWC App software updates? Why can't TWC come up with a patch that will support Roku 1 & Roku 2 processor…if that is the problem…as stated by TWC Apps support member? Is this going to be another TWC public relation disaster…not customer friendly if you discontinue service with all of your Roku 1 & Roku 2 customers with no notice. I just bought my Roku 1 & Roku 2’s a couple months ago at Target and there was nothing stated on the Roku box that TWC was not going to support these devices anymore…if we had known we wouldn’t have bought these devises…even Roku support didn’t know about this change.

Rookie

Yes, this is bs my TWC app stopped working (error code vp-6) 3-4 days ago on my roku xp. Cannot believe TWC is pulling this nonsense.
Rookie

My roku worked fine on Wednesday morning but apparently by the time I got home from work at noon, it was already offline with the P-6 error. Doesn't make sense to me but I guess TWC thinks it does. :/

Guess I have to get a Roku3 but I don't see why when I've only had the newest Roku1 for about 6 mos!

I can't watch tv in my back bedroom otherwise so I'm screwed for that if I don't get another, newer roku :/

Rookie

Not sure if this is on the "Roku" side or the TWC App side but it still says the following when I try to login for the first time: "Your TWC TV experience won't be as fast as it could be on this Roku 1, Model 2710x. A Roku 2 (Model 4220) or Roku 3 player is recommended for the fastest channel surfing and smoothest navigation."

They should update or change that if it's on the TWC app side. It's going to confuse people who end up with Roku 2's thinking that will work better than 1.

Woman Frustrated

Observer

I just thought to look at the TWC app version number and discovered the build date is there as well, in Settings > Application Version.  Current is 2.8.4 with build date of April 25, 2016.  This makes it seem as though the P-6 problem lies more with Roku's firmware update than with anything from the TWC side.  Unless, that is, anybody here knows something different.  Robot wink

Newcomer

My Roku was just fine until last night. I have deleted and reinstalled with the same results. I pay $200+ each month to time Warner to have these problems that I think they create for some odd reasons. Also, internet connection gets lost on several mobile devices. I'm frustrated and angry with this service 

Browser

Me too this has been going on for days with roku 2 kinda fed up with twc

Bellowsmw1 wrote:

I have reinstalled TWC app for Roku 1 and done a factory reset on the Roku and am still getting "Service Unavailable" with error code p-6

Browser

Does anyone know if twc is going to do anything about this.  I am thinking of canceling them all together.. I do not want to put up with twc anymore

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

My app was working fine until 12:49 am when it suddenly rebooted. When I tried to start the TWC TV app back up I kept getting error P-6 on the live TV and error VP-6 when I tried OnDemand.  Time Warner should have at least sent out letters stating they were ending support for the earlier model Roku's. I didn't have a cable subscription for 4 years, just internet and Netflix, Hulu, etc. Looks like I will be going back to that because cable isn't worth the extra money if I don't have access to the app. I only have a cable box in my living room. We used the app in all of our bedrooms and now my son is the only one still able to use it because he also has an XBox One.

Participant

So now I need to buy another roku.... This is ridiculous, it was working just fine until yesterday. TWC has the ability to turn services off just like that.... So greedy, don't they get enough money, maybe I go back to just having Netflix and Hulu... Thanks twc