Browser

Re: Error code P-6

It's interesting to note that they talk a lot about their requirements but never seem to mention the subscriber requirements
Observer

Same here. My 4 roku players no longer work with TWC. Time to cancel their service and go with either Playstation Vue or Slingplayer.. I'll use an HD antenna for local channels.
The only reason i kept my TW cable was because of the Roku features. Time to cancel. I knew this wouldn't last long.oh well.
Spectator

I haven't even had my Roku 1 for a year yet.. And I wasted my money on it now bcuz I need to upgrade to Roku 3? How about you refund my money fom the Roku 1 I bought and I can use that money to buy a Roku 3. Or update the 1s..
Observer

The P-6 code appears to have cropped up only after devices were updated to OS 7.2.  My Roku ran the TWC app just fine yesterday, but at 3:00am today it was updated to OS 7.2, and no longer runs the TWC app.  It's been running the TWC app just fine for over a year, even with the little nag screens that the experience would be better on a faster model.

I don't think customers with slower Roku models have unrealistic expectations of what the TWC app can provide.  We don't expect a full "primary TV" experience.  My Roku, for instance, is in a bedroom, where it tunes to a specific channel or does a bit of On Demand, but certainly never receives the kind of workout that my primary TV with DVR receives.

It appears that TWC has actively turned off service to these devices, and in doing so is in violation of the TWC app End User License Agreement, which states the the Usage Rights and Restrictions that "1 series" Roku devices (N1000, N1050, N1101, and N1100) are not supported.  The same sentence specificaly says that the TWC TV App may be installed and run on any Roku device that I own or that is in my posession and control (with the exception of the 1 series).  The agreement does state that the TWC app may be modified or discontinued, but it does not exclude the ability to run on lower Roku models (except the 1 series).

The only listed requirements are:

• subscriber in good standing (check)
  • personal, non-commercial use, in my home (check)
  • don't share acess with anyone outside my household (check)
  • secure my home network (check)

With all that said, how did OS 7.2 suddenly make the TWC app completely incompatible with Roku devices that could previously run the TWC app successfully, albeit slowly?  Would it really be impossible to allow those of us with a previously-working Roku to continue to use it?

Browser

I had the exact same experience.  As each Roku updated it would no longer run the TWC app.  I tried rebooting everything, and even removing rarely used apps in an attempt to get them to work.  It certainly provides for the public the possible perception of "collusion" betweeen the two vendors to pump up sales of the Roku 3.  I have spent the day shopping internet vendor options.  My DVRs are in a stack in the dining room and, interestingly enough, when I view their status on the Time Warner support page they all show a status of green.  Makes you wonder what's going on there too.

LMT
Rookie

Same here - app stopped working 2 am this morning Error Code P-6.  Why is Time Warner always doing this crap?

Observer

A frequent suggestion when there's trouble with the TWC app is to remove and reinstall it.  Based on my previous experience having Roku firmware that didn't correctly install, I went a few steps further.

• Used the secret screen to redownload and reinstall firmware
  • Reset to factory settings
  • Removed all except 4 apps that I use constantly (including TWC)
  • Reinstalled TWC app

Still no joy.  I will say that I've had previous instances where a TWC app update rendered it useless, but normally for a few hours, after which it magically corrected itself.  This time seems different, in that both the live TV and On Demand video streams don't even seem to attempt loading; they are stopped nearly instantly with the P-6 error.

Just to confirm that it's not a problem with the processor power of the Roku itself, I've used several other video apps and everything is working beautifully.  This may be exactly the kick in the pants I've needed to rethink whether I need a traditional TV subscription at all.

Spectator

[ Edited ]

My Roku 1 was working the twc app fine until yesterday 7/5/16 and now all of a sudden there's a P6 error code every time I try it. I've uninstalled the app. rebooted it, unplugged it reinstalled app and still get the error code. I haven't had it for a year yet but apparently wasted my money. Someone should have given us a SPECIFIC date when it wouldn't work anymore. Now what do I do with this $60 unit I have that doesn't allow twc anymore. 

Spectator

[ Edited ]

TWC just keeps (edited) people off. We dont have money falling out of our (edited)

Observer

HDLink Rookie-Who are you going with to support your requirements?