Newcomer

Re: Error code P-6

Hi All,

This is my first post which i hope very resolve your issue. I just fixed my P-6 error message by using two sites. The first site is the Roku site which has the directions to get you to the Roku Developer Mode. Be patient as it took me several tries and is the reason why I am adding a second site, a visual one from YouTube, which shows you how to get there. This visual is under two minutes and extremely helpful. By using both sites, my TWC Roku was functional within about 8 minutes or so. It should work. I noticed that once I did it on one Roku, the others were again functional. Please make sure to read all 4 steps on the Roku site because you will need to go into the Developer Mode and put in a password which they suggested as 123. I had to use 1234. At a certain point, after the reboot, you will need to repeat the steps and disable the installer. It is very simple once you get to the Developer Mode. Watch the YouTube before beginning as it is VERY HELPFUL.

Roku Site (Resolving P-6 Issue): https://support.roku.com/hc/en-us/articles/222592567-Resolving-Error-Code-P-6-on-the-TWC-channel-

YouTube Site (How To Enable Developer Mode on Roku): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7MMHmlrO7o

Observer

Re: Error code P-6

Thanks for posting, virgolady.  We've known about this fix for roughly two weeks.

As of right now, my Roku is downloading a new OS update 7.2.0.4113 (only the last four digits have changed).  Like others, I had gone from P6 errors, fixed by enabling and disabling developer mode, to having lots of 7xx errors and spontaneous system reboots.

Let's hope this new Roku OS update fixes the problems.

Newcomer

Re: Roku P6 error Resolution

Be specific.  What home screen/ home button  Roku?  TWC app  

Newcomer

This workaround does not work on Roku TVs, only works for the roku boxes and sticks.  

Newcomer

Thanks for the quick response.
Rookie

Tried this twice on my ROKU 2 XD and it did not work. Still getting P-6 error.

Rookie

I have since done a factory reset on my ROKU 2 model 3100x and now the TWC channel works. Keeping fingers crossed it will continue to do so.

Newcomer

I had same issue with a Roku TV that I had not used in several weeks - I fixed it by uninstalling the Spectrum app and then I went to System and did a manual software update and reinstalled the Spectrum app.