Browser

Roku P6 error Resolution

After some time with Roku my P6 error is resolved without the need to perform a factory reset. I did not lose any of my settings.

Step 1: From the Home screen, press the following button press on your remote (do it quickly and ignoire the screen until done) : Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right
Step 2: Press OK to “Enable installer and restart”. While enabling developer mode, it will ask for password. A new password has to be set here. This will put the player into developer mode and reboot the player.
Step 3: Once the player is back to the Homescreen, follow Step 1 again to enter into the Developer Settings screen
Step 4: Press OK to Disable installer and restart. This will take the player out of Developer mode.

TWC app will now work.

If you get a Purple video screen (I did on one of the 5 devices) then follow this to resolve.

Step 1: Unplug Roku Power

Step2: Unplug Roku HDMI Cable

Step3: Unplug HDMI from back of TV

Step4: Unplug power from TV

Step5: Wait 1 minute

Step6: Apply power to TV and turn on

Step7: Connect HDMI Cable to both TV and Roku

Step8: Apply power to Roku

Problem solved.

137 REPLIES
Newcomer

Error code P-6

I have reinstalled TWC app for Roku 1 and done a factory reset on the Roku and am still getting "Service Unavailable" with error code p-6

Helper

Re: Error code P-6

Try this, though app is unsupported, you may still be able to get it to work .. uninstall unnecessary applications(ones you never watch) .. Uninstall TWC app, unplug the roku box for a minute, plug it back in.. reinstall app.. I have a Roku 1 and it does work but I have only a few apps on the Roku box, its probably a memory issues on the older Roku boxes not being supported.. Worth a try.
Newcomer

So we have two roku ones for this exact reason and u want to tell me we can no longer use what we paid for when it was working perfectly?
Newcomer

My roku hd was working just fine until yesterday
Newcomer

I'm having the same issue. Seems to be the Time Warner way. Extremely aggravating. 

Newcomer

Mine too. Extremely aggravating. 

Newcomer

Will the 2016 roku streaming stick work?
Newcomer

Same issue here, did you find a way to fix it?
Browser

Since I own 3 Roku 1s and a Roku 2 I guess it's time to terminate TWC. I only discovered that my devices weren't supported when I call TWC support about this error. It's interesting to note that this only started happening right after my Roku 2 updated itself. My monthly charge is only about $250.00 so I guess TW can do without that.