Highlighted
Newcomer

Roku Food Channel and HDTV suddenly say I'm not authorized

Up until 2 days ago, we were able to watch channels such as Food Network and HGTV on our Roku's with no problem. At the time we had the "starter package" from Spectrum.  Yesterday, it appears that these apps have a new, more attractive interface on Roku, however they suddenly stopped working when we attempted to watch anything. 

I called Spectrum today and they put me on new plan that specifically includes those channels, however I STILL get an unauthorized error trying to watch those channels on Roku. 

Error 60.002

You are not authorized to view this video. Please check your subscription or parental guide settings. 

We have never set any kind of parental guide settings, and certainly did not set any within the past 48 hours. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions? These two channels are pretty much all we watch. 

13 REPLIES

Re: Roku Food Channel and HDTV suddenly say I'm not authorized

No solution, but experienced similar issue. That was a few days ago and they told me they were having issues with the App.
Newcomer

We're having the same issue for the last 3 days now.  Been loving to watch those shows for a long time ,even with Time Warner Cable, until Spectrum has em, it was still good.. Until recently there was an app update on DIY/HGTV and now asked to re-activate the link, we did what was supposed to be done like before.. and only this time, there was an error 60.002 (Not authorized, etc, etc)

I just spoke with the rep, the rep claimed we MUST purchase the CABLE in order to watch this show.  Absolutely pointless!  Internet is all we need, we don't need cable box or cable (TV) whatsoever for we are not home 90% of the time!

Established Sharer

sgkdnay wrote:

I just spoke with the rep, the rep claimed we MUST purchase the CABLE in order to watch this show.  Absolutely pointless!  Internet is all we need, we don't need cable box or cable (TV) whatsoever for we are not home 90% of the time!

So you're saying that you do not subscribe to a tv package and no longer have access to the app that the network provides to people that subscribe to the network in question?  I see nothing wrong with that. 

RGH
Newcomer

Robert here, Cleveland OH

Yea, we're seeing the same

My nickle says Spectrum cut a deal somewhere with someone to create a mess in their favor.

I went into Spectrum chat and some smart ass from Spectrum kept telling me that my option was to subscribe to a channel package.  I gave him a better option and left the chat.

Rookie

I have the same problem here. DIY network, the Cooking Channel, the Food Network, the Travel channel. It looks like it started when the apps appearance changed.
Newcomer

I don't understand your reply. Are you saying there's nothing wrong with Spectrum now requiring subscribers to purchase cable package?

Newcomer

Are you saying there's nothing wrong with Sectrum requiring subscribers to purchase a cable package to view these shows? I'm not sure I understand.
Newcomer

After reading posts, I contacted Spectrum to inquire to see for myself what they say about this matter.  (I, too, followed directions to resubscribe to HGTV and DIY network, which showed as successful. I still got Error 60.002.).  I was also told that you must subscribe to cable for TV (I've just had internet).  I asked how is it that for the past almost two years I was able to view and now suddenly am not.   I was told that records show that I had a TV package last January that I terminated (I never had a TV package!).   I was told that it is likely that the system must have not booted me off before and maybe system updates caught up with me not being subscribed.  When I asked if this all had to do with the move from TWC to Spectrum, of course it was denied.  This is all baloney.  Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about it.  I can't afford to subscribe to TV pkg. so will have to do without.  Even if I could afford it, I don't think I'd want to purchase TV pkg. as it feels a little like extortion.

Newcomer

I have the same problem.  It has been since Sept 4, 2017.  Getrting very discouraged. Not sure if it is a Roku issue or DIY/HGTV issue.