Spectator

Re: Roku 3 randomly freezing with TWC app after Spectrum Update

same here, see it constantly with TWC support saying its a known issue with no target fix date. Worse, they 'upgraded' service yesterday per support on Dec 15'2016  and now removed/blocked the HD network channels that have worked fine for the last 6 years! Apparently Spectrum/TWC is now going to require an adapter for EACH TV just to get the normal Std def channels and charge per adapter. 

So TWC idea of an 'upgrade' as support kept calling it is to remove working channels, charge the customer more to get the same ones back and give crappier service by busting the TWC app as a fun side effect. Truly looking at other options today to get rid of TWC completely. Looks like I can get better service with MORE features for over $100 less a month from phone/dish network! 

N/A

Here's the response I got 7 days ago...note, issue is still occuring.

"I apologize for the service issue. We are aware of an issue with the Roku and we are working to resolve the issue. In the interim, one workaround is to change to a different channel, then turn back. You can also try restarting the modem to ensure the connection is working correctly. Unfortunately, there is not an ETA for the issue to be resolved."

N/A

Same issure with me. Did everything you suggested and it worked for about twenty minutes and then froze again. Only freezes on live TV. Very frustrating. 

N/A

Same issue and I may be canceling too if it is not fixed.

Rookie

And the same "crap" continues and is getting worse. Never thought it would/could get worse then time warner but Spectrum has managed to pull it off.  Their service and customer service presence is TERRIBLE!!!

Newcomer

This happens to me and is exactly the same - almost every day, almost every day (usually in the first ten minutes of starting the app), the Roku crashes, reboots, and I have to wait for the power cycling and start over. On my newer Roku, I also have problems, but not the crashing. Show lists aren't "available," or nothing happens when I click on a show's icon. 

Newcomer

I do not think this is just a Roku problem. Since the app was updated to spectrum, it has been horrible. I had no problems before. I have been trying to watch a show for two days now. It gets to the last 4 minutes or so and freezes. You have to go back out and start it all over again. Advertisements and all. You can fast forward back to where you were and it just freezes after a couple seconds. I cannot watch the end of my show! Extremely frustrating and very dissatisfied with spectrum! Horrible

Rookie

[ Edited ]

yep, freezes on my Roku with TWC/Spectum service too. Im just deleting it.

about the 10th time it freezes and replays 1-7 advettisements is enough for me to go back to Netflix and HBOGo....ad free beauty! 

[ Edited ]

So you are asking your customers to solve the problem instead of you guys fixing the app !

Also why does the app not keep up with your progress within a series without clicking on an episode to activate the memory of where you are within the series or what episode you interrupted? Netflix has no problem keeping up with your views even if you last watched an episode 2 years ago. I think your app programmers need to work on their app!!

Just saying!!