Highlighted
Valued Participant

Roku 3 randomly freezing with TWC app after Spectrum Update

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Since the update to the Roku TWC App yesterday, now with the spectrum logo, throughout the day, the screen freezes on the show, and the only fix is to go back to the menu and restart the show. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also, I noticed now, that's it's happening on the flash plugin on browsers (IE/FF,) so I don't think it's directly related to the Roku app.

17 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Roku 3 randomly freezing with TWC app after Spectrum Update

Newcomer

adobepro wrote:

Hello,

Since the update to the Roku TWC App yesterday, now with the spectrum logo, throughout the day, the screen freezes on the show, and the only fix is to go back to the menu and restart the show. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also, I noticed now, that's it's happening on the flash plugin on browsers (IE/FF,) so I don't think it's directly related to the Roku app.

I have the same issues with my Roku 2, but only with the TWC, now Spectrum, app.  The screen will freeze and the Roku will reboot itself.  This is not an isolated event; it happens several times a day.  All the other apps work fine (and I have several apps).  

N/A

Same issue with my roku 3 TWC app freezing after update to Spectrum. All other streaming apps work fine. Already rebooted modem and WiFi and roku. Issues continuing. Definitely a Spectrum software issue. Please fix your app!
Lead Moderator

[ Edited ]

We are sorry to hear you are having problems. We ask that you 

try the following steps to resolve this. If you are unsuccessful and 

are still having problems after these steps please let us know.

1. Remove the TWCTV app.

2. Power the Roku off through the settings menu (not simply powering off manually)

3. Powercycle the modem/router

4. After that is completed please power back on the Roku and reinstall the TWCTV application to the Roku and login.

If you are still experiencing issues please do contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp

Please include your account number,  username and make model of your Roku.

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

[ Edited ]
I am having the same problem. The only way I found to fix is to restart the app. Even that only fixes it for about 10 minutes or so, then it just freezes again. This is not ideal because it keeps freezing during very important parts of my favorite tv shows or movies and it takes at least a minute to restart.
All other apps work perfectly, only the TWC app does this. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.
If a software update with a bug fix is not released soon I will be canceling my cable subscription. It's not worth the money I am paying if I can only watch 10 minutes at a time before being interrupted.
N/A

Experiencing the same issue with roku stick after the conversion from TWC to TWC Spectrum app.   Have rebooted / re-installed etc..   very frustrating that there's no apparent fix.

DG1
N/A

Yeah, happening to me too, both Roku 1 and Roku Stick.

Boz
Sharer

Based on forum reports, TWCTV seems to have trouble on all Roku versions.  I have multiple Rokus, including Roku 2 XS 3100R and Roku Stick (2016) 3600R.  There is no problem with any other app freezing, so the issue seems exclusinve to the TWCTV app.

I did the reload as per TWC instructions. The app ran great - for a couple of hours. Now back to same problems. Posts all over the internet about folks having trouble with this app but no others on their Roku. Appears to be a TWC issue with the actual app.