Newcomer

Roku 2 P700 Error

I purchased a Roku 2 recently and had realized I could run the TWC TV app on it, i liked the interface so much on the Roku I disconnected my STB.  It worked great for the first two days (after stb disconnected) no all I get is the P700 error code "We apologize, but we are unable to fulfill your request at this time.  Please try again later.  (Error codeSmiley Tongue700)"  I have not changed anything to do with the network from the last time this worked, and TWC TV has not worked properly since, I am only able to use the on demand features of the application.  Essentially all signs point to the application not working properly or bad coding?  I have removed the application rebooted the Roku and reinstalled the application - still same error P700.

My package consists of 200/20 internet connection (aries)
Full HD package (almost all channels)

2 STB and a clean (minimal, only 1 split all RG6) coax connection from the pole.

15 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Roku 2 P700 Error

reconnect the set top box...

Newcomer

Supposedly, there is something messed up with the he server that runs the app.  The issue for the outage is #29458

is yours working now?

Browser

No, still same error. Can't watch live TV on Roku.
Browser

I've done that of course, but it is not a solution for an error with the Roku app.
Newcomer

we just got this error message tonight when trying to load the TWC app, so you are not the only one. We kept going out and back into the app and finally it worked. Been having issues with the Disney channel as well.

Newcomer

The issue is still happening.  I have both a Roku 2 & 3.  I've reset my Arris router (TWC provided) and no change.

Newcomer

Any solution to this issue? I have the same problem. 

thanks

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

wow, is this a totally useless forum or what...

i scanned through dozens of P700 related posts here, and not a single peep out of anyone from TWCable about what their own error messeges mean.  what is worse is now TWCable is testing offerring TWC TV to ISP only customers, while even my using it with a CableTV box subscription is a mess.  Fox news constantly hangs on me, and now all I get are GUI menus - nothing else comes up.

and yes Ms.Obvious, my connections are fine and I rebooted everything.

Valued Contributor

I am receiving the same error (P700, "we apologize, but we cannot fulfill your request at this time. Please try again later"). Problem started this evening. I've tried rebooting the Roku player, doing a complete factory reset, system update; nothing helps. However, even though the local TV channels (all but the Cleveland CBS affiliate) show this error, their subchannels come in perfectly well. The CBS station is the only Cleveland TV station my Roku shows at all. The other broadcast stations all show the P700 error I mentioned earlier. I have tried reinstalling the TWC TV app as well, but no luck; still the same P700 error.

I read in another post that the server which operates the TWC TV app is not operating correctly; could this be stopping my app from processing any local channels? The odd thing is, to me anyway, that the CBS affiliate comes in on the TWC TV app perfectly well. If the server was defective, wouldn't it cause all local channels not to show up? That I still get one local station (and all other cable channels, including the local stations' subchannels) makes me wonder whether the issue is or could be caused by something else other than the app's servers.

Some background info: I am in Fairport Harbor, Ohio and have Time Warner Standard cable TV service, with home phone and Internet (both of which work very well). The router is a TWC-issued Arris model TG862. Has anyone else in this area experienced the same problems?

My cable service, however, works perfectly well, bringing in all channels Standard TV is supposed to, when I watch TV through my VCR (to which my cable line is connected). This makes me wonder, again, whether the problem of my Roku player failing to bring in all but one local TV station is actually because the Roku, and not the cable service, is defective. I have scheduled a service appointment for tomorrow, November 17, to have a CableCard installed ahead of my Roku player; this is what a Time Warner service representative told me (when I called customer service about the problem of missing local channels) would have to be done in order to get the local channels back. The person also told me that the TWC TV app may be blocking my local channels because the cable service is all digital, and I may need a cable box ahead of my television; however, I already have the Roku player, which is an alternative to a standard-issue TWC high-definition cable box.

Someone else on this forum recently mentioned a similar problem, that the TWC TV app was blocking all channels below 100; could this be related to the difficulty I am having with my service? What baffles me is why I can still get one local TV station and all the stations' subchannels, while the other  local channels are being firmly blocked by the TWC TV app, with no mention made of the level of cable service with which I am using my Roku. These channels were working perfectly well until this evening. The only things I can figure are that, a, something may be wrong with the server that operates the TWC app (as was mentioned in another post) or b, my Roku player is either defective or just plain out of date.

If the latter (that the player is out of date) is true, however, I would be very surprised since my Roku is less than one year old. The player has been receiving regular updates, so the software shouldn't be outdated just yet. I have the first-generation Roku 1, and have been seeing periodic notices on my TV screen (after the player boots) to the effect that I would get better results if I upgraded to a later version of the unit, such as Roku 2, 3 or even version 4. Is the Roku 1 player technically out of date since version 4 became available for sale?

Thanks very much.

Signed,

Jeff (jhs19060)