Highlighted
Observer

RLP-1008 error "Empty list; no streams were specified to play"

I sign into the Spectrum app, it looks like it's loading a channel, the screen goes black and then get:

"Getting RLP-1008 error  Empty list; no streams were specified to play"

I've rebooted, etc.  Still keeps happening.

8 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: RLP-1008 error "Empty list; no streams were specified to play"

I am having this same issue on my roku. The app on my android tablet works fine.

Spectator

I'm having the same problem. It just started about a month ago and getting worst. I've called Spectrum and they transfer me to tier 3 troubleshooting department. They told me to reset modem, router, take off the APP and reinstall, make sure all updates have been done. Nothing helped. ROKU doesn't have an error code RLP-1008.  It belongs to Spectrum but nobody know what it means. I even got an extender cable from ROKU free to add to my ROKU but it didn't help. Wish somebody would help!!

Lead Moderator

Good morning. 

When you were doing troubleshooting did they have you remove the App, do a restart of the Roku through the Settings menu and then reinstall the App? 

Are you getting this message when you first load the App? When you try to select a Live Channel? When you try to select On Demand? 

When do you see this message? Are there times where you do not see the message?

If you can provide some additional information on when and where this is seen that may help to diagnose the problem. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

I am not the original poster, but i am having the same issues so i will tell you the troubleshooting i have attempted.

I have done the before-mentioned removal of app, rebooting of roku (stick), and reinstall of app.

I can get the app to load to main screen, but when attempting to load 'Live TV" I get the RLP-1008 Error. I have tried different channels with same result. I have tried both SD and HD channels. I can see an updated guide, just fyi.

On Demand, while slow to load, does appear to load and play properly for tv and movie programming.

N/A

I am getting the same error , but impacts both on demand and live streams. Done all the app troubleshooting more than once ! Come on spectrum!
Rookie

A few days ago I noticed that it is working again. I did not do anything to it after my post.

Spectator

Well, you are lucky. I have been dealing with this error code RLP-1008 for months and nobody can help me. It takes me about 30 minutes trying to get on Spectrum with my ROKU starting over and over again.

Spectator

when the home page comes up with the apps, I can go to any app (Netflix, Amazon, Pureflix, etc0 and the program will come right up. If I go to Spectrum app, the ROKU starts over, come back to the home page, click on Spectrum app again, Roku starts over again. Comes back to home page, click on Spectrum app then it might go to the page loading spectrum data, streaming, etc. , starts over again. Goes back to home page, click on Spectrum app again, it will bring up the guide, click on guide then I will get the error code RLP-1008, click ok and it goes back to the guide and maybe then I can get a channel to come in.