Newcomer

RLC-1000 error code

A Spectrum service person just left and fixed a slow internet speed issue.  He replaced the modem.  My router is the same.

Now Spectrum won't work on my second tv where I use Roku.   It keeps asking for my sign in info which I enter correctly but never goes past that.

What's going on?

12 REPLIES
Helper

Re: RLC-1000 error code

You may need to reboot everything, including the modem, router, and the Roku. If that doesn't work you may need to delete the Spectrum TV app and reinstall.

Observer

I have Roku.  My wireless and Roku work fine on everything EXCEPT the SPECTRUM app which works then disconnects and says it is unavailable. This happens several times something several times a day. Last night it was horrible and never reallly allowed me to watch a single program on Spectrum App.  However, even Free Speech TV came in sharp and fine.    The issue is the Spectrum App.

Spectator

Here is what worked for me. I had the same error RLC-1000 and failure to authenticate with the Roku, asking for my login continualy. 

I was recently switched from TWC email servers to Spectrum's email servers. When I logged into my account on the Spectrum web site (the same one to check your bill) I got a message that my TWC email address was not verified. I clicked the link to verify my email, got the verification email and was verified. 

When I logged back into the Web page the verification warning was gone. Then I went to the Spectrum app on the Roku and low and behold it worked. Didn't have to reboot or anything.

Not saying this will work for everyone but if you still have an email account that was a TWC account, try verifying it with Spectrum.

Rookie

I tried to login to my account on Roku while I was visiting my son and got the RLC-1000 error; stating connect to Spectrum Internet.  Spectrum is not available in his area.  I also tried My Spectrum on phone while using his wi-fi and could not use app.  I don't have a ton of data on my phone and was told as long as I was logged on to wifi it should work.  Why am I not able to login and use the app when away from home?

Lead Moderator

@khensley29  You will not be able to use what are considered "In Home" devices

while at another location where you are not on your home Spectrum Internet

connection. Those devices would be the Samsung Smart TV, Roku and Xbox 1.

For mobile devices, tablets and computers you will have limited access to 

Spectrum TV channels.  Away from home on your "In Home" devices you will

have access to the  majority of the 3rd party applications. For instance, if your package

includes HBO you can use the HBO GO channel on your Roku or other devices.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I was not able to access any channels on my mobile device.  I got an error.  Please tell me how I can access ANY of my channels when not on what you consider "IN HOME" devices.

Lead Moderator

There may be a number of reasons you are not getting the channels on 

a mobile device. Are you able to login with your TWCID and username 

at the MyTWC or MySpectrum app? 

Are you able to take a screen shot of what you see when you login? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

I can't get my Roku devices or my Samsung smart TV's to connect any more. 

They all failed on the same day.

What credentials should people use to authenticate with the ROKU ?  

Should it be the user account name ? twcaccountname

Should they use the full email name   twcaccountname@twc.com 

Highlighted
Helper

@Don_Turner wrote:

I can't get my Roku devices or my Samsung smart TV's to connect any more. 

They all failed on the same day.

What credentials should people use to authenticate with the ROKU ?  

Should it be the user account name ? twcaccountname

Should they use the full email name   twcaccountname@twc.com 

TWC/Spectrum account name, NOT the email address (the same log in you use to access My Account, billing, this site, etc.)