Observer

RLC-1000 Error - Poor Tech Support Response

I was using the Spectrum app just fine on 2 Roku Streaming Sticks. This morning I had to turn off my cable modem and when I turned it back on I received a new IP address. Now I get error RLC-1000 whenever I try to log into the Spectrum app, basically because it thinks I'm not using an authorized cable modem. I've rebooted, uninstall/install the app, and even reset my Roku. All other network devices and Roku apps (Netflix, etc.) work just fine. I have a PRODOPS ticket open but they said they'll get back to me in 72 HOURS!!!

Why is this happening? All I did was power cycle the cable modem, not change ISPs. Has this happened to anyone else?

15 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: RLC-1000 Error - Poor Tech Support Response

I  am sorry to hear you are having this issue. If a support ticket has been opened

it may be something behind the scenes that needs to be corrected.

A few questions for you.

When you cycled the modem did you also power cycle the cable box?

What type of equipment are you using?

Are you using a router connected to the modem?

What type of cable box are you using?

Are you still able to connect with other devices?

Are you able to login at the Spectrum.net site? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

I have no cable box. I never had any. I only have 2 Roku Streaming Sticks connected to WiFi and the Spectrum app was working without issues before this incident. And as I already mentioned, everything else works. I wouldn't be able to post this message if my WiFi wasn't working. Yes, I can access Spectrum.net. I can even watch live TV on watch.spectrum.com. All I did was power cycle the cable modem and now the app thinks I switched ISP.

I initiated the tech support ticket on Facebook Messenger chat. After not getting any kind of follow-up for the next few hours, I called the customer support number and asked what's going on. The rep seemed annoyed and was rude that I called because "the ticket was just opened. It takes 72 hours." So I'm not going to have TV service for 10% of the month but I'll still have to pay for it.

Lead Moderator

Are you a stream only customer? If you are not subscribed to our Spectrum Choice or our Steaming Only package you should have a piece of equipment, that is one of the requirements. 

If your other devices are connecting that would indicate that it is not the IP address

in question or you would get the away from home message on those as well.

Are you using a connected router or only a one piece modem/router combo unit?

Regards,
Julia R.

Participant

Julia, why do you say this?  I personally know people that went into a Spectrum office, turned in all their cable boxes, and are signed up for Gold TV + 100Mbps internet.

They have Spectrum Gold TV + 100Mbps internet service using ONLY the Spectrum TV app, but NO cable box, and NO cable card.

Are there differences in requirements in different geographic locations?

Observer

I live in a condo building and we have a bulk master service account so I don't know what package I have, but I have a few hundred channels + the variety pass. The tech that set up my cable modem years ago told me to get the Rokus to avoid running coax cables. It was working just fine until I turned off the cable modem for 30 seconds yesterday. To suggest that there is something wrong with my equipment or that I was somehow incorrectly receiving streaming service prior to this incident is false. Everything would be fine if I didn't power cycle the modem. Either the Spectrum app is broken or the servers are not authenticating me.

Lead Moderator

Our Choice package does not require a set top box (this package does allow lease of video equipment is desired), our Streaming Only does not require a set top box. Standard video customers do need at least one piece of equipment on the account to qualify.

Minimum Service Requirements

1. Spectrum TV service.
  2. Internet connection (minimum 10 Mbps).  If the customer does not have our Internet service a gateway device can be installed. The gateway will allow access to Spectrum TV but will not provide any other Internet capabilities. 
  3. A Spectrum username and password.
  4. The appropriate/supported operating system on each device.
  5. Must have compatible  set-top box. Further, customers using equipment with i-Guide will not have access to DVR Manager or use as a Remote Control. 

If a standard video package has been sold without equipment this is an error.

Regards,
Julia R.

Observer

I must have met these requirements because streaming was working until the power cycle. I don't what else to tell you, Julia. It should be working but it doesn't. All the troubleshooting on my end is done.
Lead Moderator

Does the bulk account include both Internet and Video service? Bulk 

accounts do work a little bit differently than video subscribers who have

the video service and Internet connection through us on the same accout, or video only

cusotmers that utilize a gateway device that we install specifically for that purpose.

Are you logging into the Spectrum App with your own personal login 

or with a login provided by the complex? 

Regards,
Julia R.

Observer

My personal account. Same one that works on my phone or laptop to watch live TV.