Rookie

Poor Quality compared to others...

I have just about had it with Spectrum/TWC app.  I was waiting for months hoping the Spectrum new app would fix Roku app.  Netflix, and all others work without issue.  I have been testing directvnow on appletv.  Same TV, same challenges(local ABC) same network and the directvnow quality is far superior at the same time on the same show.

While directv has plenty of application quality issues, in general I see the quality of the channels to be better with like for like. 

I am trying one last chance to figure out how after years Spectrum cannot really commit to IPTV with high quality.  

Does anyone have solutions they know PERMANTELY fix roku3 with wired network in Raleigh area.  Otherwise I am done.

4 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Poor Quality compared to others...

Have you had TWC/Spectrum come out to make sure your internet speeds and connection stability are good?  It seems like the TWCTV/SpectrumTV app requires a better connection than, for example, Netflix, to provide a good viewing experience.

We have (4) Roku 2 XS and (1) Roku Stick (2016), and the TWCTV/SpectrumTV app picture quality is very good on all of them.

If you have determined that your internet quality is as good as it should be, and the TWCTV/SpectrumTV app still isn't providing a good quality viewing experience, and if the DirecTV NOW service on your Apple TV is better for your needs, it might be time to drop the TWC/Spectrum TV service.

Rookie

Yes.  I am gettng my full 200Mbs service.  Its clear something in Spectrum streaming servine inside their infrastructure to me.  I just can't believe they do not have better service.  I often ownder if its because I have no other cable boxes and basic service from them and they do not make this traffic priority.  However ABC11 can be fuzzy and buffer constantly, I switched to apple TV and directvnow and ABC11 is crystal clear over the same spectrum internet connection.  To me this is just insane that spectrum would not make this a priority to fix.

Expert

[ Edited ]

You may not like Directv since AT&T got involved... I'm trying to set up a customers system and found their new 4k tv's incompatable with whatever has happemnned to the H25-100 box firmware.... Won't go up to 1080...  picture quality is poor plus the box is prompting me to switch to component cables, lol.  No help from their support either.

DirectvNOW is also limited to 2 streams per house as AT&T has horribly insufficient bandwidth to stream more than one HD video  over their antiquated ADSL technology.

The only real solution is real FIOS

Boz
Sharer

roking wrote:

Yes.  I am gettng my full 200Mbs service.  Its clear something in Spectrum streaming servine inside their infrastructure to me.  I just can't believe they do not have better service.  I often ownder if its because I have no other cable boxes and basic service from them and they do not make this traffic priority.  However ABC11 can be fuzzy and buffer constantly, I switched to apple TV and directvnow and ABC11 is crystal clear over the same spectrum internet connection.  To me this is just insane that spectrum would not make this a priority to fix.

Oh, I do agree that it should be addressed and fixed by TWC/Spectrum.  It just makes me wonder how we have very few issues with the TWCTV/SpectrumTV app on Roku at our house since I had TWC out to fix/optimize our internet connection, even when we only had "Standard" 15Mbps service, even with all the Rokus connected over WiFi.  We have since upgraded to "Extreme", which for our location is only 30Mbps, but we've noticed no difference.