Newcomer

Re: P705 error code for twc app on roku stick

P705 errors have been happening to me for the years I have used a Roku stick.  No improvement--happens all the time, all day, every day.   I can't believe this has not been fixed after all this time.

Participant

P705 in the middle of the presidential debate tonight.  I just switched over to my antenna and watched the rest of it on my local NBC broadcaster without any further problems.

Rookie

Exactly right Joe. When the debates were on. When a huge game is on like Monday night football or the baseball playoffs now.  I never see the P705 issue unless there is a television event that a lot people are probably watching. I'm no internet engineer but this is more than just coincidence.  I am can't almost count on it. Tells me there is an issue with capacity and the TWC system simply can't handle the demand. 

BTW I see this on Roku 2 and 3 which are both running wired connection. 50 Mbps service too. TWC can you investigate and give us reliable feedback other than checking performance of our own devices?  Thanks.

Participant

It happened to me again at the start of the last debate.  I immediately switched to watching it over the air on a local broadcast station with no further problems and better video quality too.  I happen to be an internet engineer and this is pretty clearly an application server or distribution network problem.  Streaming video and being able to scale massively is a problem that was solved a long time ago as evidenced by all the other apps on the Roku that do the same thing more reliably.  I have given up calling customer support when this happens.

Newcomer

I am also ha ving an issue this morning with my Roku device. I am getting the same error code P702, on all my channels. I have done the power cycle on all devices, my internet is fine, it's the roku app im having issues with. No channels seem to stay on for more than a few seconds before getting the error message. 

KES
N/A

I was convinced to replace 3 cable boxes with Roku sticks.  Now my shows are interrupted all the time with this error message.  I had a brand new Ubee router/modem replaced and technicians came to the house twice but couldn't solve the problem.  It is very disappointing that after all this time this problem has not been resolved.