Participant

Re: P705 error code for twc app on roku stick

I have been seeing this problem frequently this week on my Roku 3.  I see it once or twice per hour.  It had been working fine until recently.

1. The Roku has been rebooted.

2. The Roku is wired so it's not a wireless issue.

3. None of other streaming video apps on the same Roku such as Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, PBS, CBS are exhibiting any problems so it's not a problem with the Roku or the internet connection.

It seems like it's an issue with either your app or your server.

Observer

I would definitely agree it is TWC issue. 

Newcomer

Same thing with my TWC app running on Roku.  Started about a week ago for me too.   Have tried 2.5G, 5G wireless connections as well as hardwiring the Roku to modem box.  As with you the only Roku app having this issue is the TWC app which leads me to believe the problem is with TWC.  I also have a converter box for TWC and it is working fine while the Roku App gets the P705 error.....  To work around this for now I use the Roku TWC app to get to the guide to select what i want to watch.  Then switch to the converter box to watch it so i don't get interpreted  by the P705's. 

Contributor

Yeah this is something that all the resetting and power cycling in the world isn't going to solve. My Romu also does not have any of these issues while using the other apps. It's TWC specific. Hopefully it gets ironed out.

I have the issue with the USA network and the original HBO channel.
Participant

Most of the issues I have seen with the TWCTV app have been related to ad insertion on live TV.  Streaming video over the internet is well understood, however substituting commercials into a live broadcast is technically challenging.  I don't mean to criticize the engineers who are developing this (in fact I know some of them personally and used to work with them), however as a TWCable customer this is extremely annoying and sometimes has me looking for my shears to cut the cord with.  I know that the cable business model depends on local ad sales, but I would gladly pay extra for the option to just not have to watch them, which is what I am doing with Hulu.

Rookie

I am having the same problem on my Roku box, starting a couple of weeks ago.  It's worst on Hallmark Mystery, but it also will skip and repeat and drop sound on MeTV, too.  No problem on regular cable box or direct digital into the set, but I prefer to use the TWC app as the picture is better and it has the cable guide, so this is inconvenient.

Rebooting everything does not help.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Getting slammed with the 705 error across two channels right now. TNT and USA are unwatchable. This really is frustrating. Everyone on here needs to call the TWC Roku support line and tell them about this. I've done so already. I'm using the Roku 3 and wired via Ethernet. So this is not just the stick. 

Participant

[ Edited ]

I did not see any 705 errors today.  I also noticed that there weren't any local ads either.  Coincidence?

Contributor

I had some channels completely out with error 707 last night. Local ads could be an issue. I called TWC Rolu support last and they are aware of it but have no idea what's causing it.

I fear the Super Bowl is going to be a disaster as far as these errors are concerned.
Participant

Get an antenna Smiley Happy