Observer

P705 error code for twc app on roku stick

We keep getting an error code of p705 on the roku stick while using the twc app. This only occurs when we watch TBS on the twc app on the roku stck. Ithe never happens on any other channel or on any other device. Please help.

38 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: P705 error code for twc app on roku stick

[ Edited ]

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble. 

The first thing we would ask that you do is powercycle your cable modem (and wireless router if you have one connected) and your cable box. Once this has all rebooted, fire up the Roku and see if this resolved the issue. If not we encourage you to contact us directly to look into this further. 

You can reach us directly here: TWC_ForumsHelp

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Spectator

How do you get TBS on the TWC app mine don't have TBS?
Observer

I don't know. I have always had TBS. I guess it is part of my TV plan.

Observer

[ Edited ]

TWC-JuliaR wrote:

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble. 

The first thing we would ask that you do is powercycle your cable modem (and wireless router if you have one connected) and your cable box. Once this has all rebooted, fire up the Roku and see if this resolved the issue. If not we encourage you to contact us directly to look into this further. 

We can be reached here by clicking this link.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

I unplugged both my modem and my router. Waited a couple  of minutes. Then plugged in the modem and waited for it to fully reboot. Then I plugged back in the router. I did this just before I left the house this morning. Now tonight, TBS is giving me the same problem. It reads:

Service Unavailable

We appologize, but we are unable to fulfill your request at this time. Please try again later. (Error code: P705)

It is only on my roku stick that this happens not my phone, tablet, roku3, or any other device. I have to use the stick because I have a wall mounted TV and don't want wires. The TWC adapter thingy doesn't work. The sound goes in and out by itself. On all three adapters. I have u plugged them all and am just using rokus. This is rediculous. Need help TWC. I need help.

Where is your wireless router compared to the Roku Stick? Is there a way, even temporarily, to move them closer to each other to test?

<insert favorite quote here...>

Check out the FAQs for a quick answer to your questions. http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/all-faqs.html
Contributor

I too am getting this error and called TWC Roku support. Power cycling the modem and router will not help. It's a server overload issue and and something needs to be done on either the Roku or TWC side to fix it. We are getting kicked off the server because too many people are watching the station you're tuned to.
Observer

[ Edited ]

The router and Modem are adjacent to each other and they are directly o the opposite side of the wall from the roku stick. So I would guess maybe a foot apart including the width of the wall. The wall is an interior wall with wood studs no insulation and drywall on each side.

Spectator

I too have TBS in my line up but not on the TWC TV app
Spectator

I now have TBS and it's working