Browser

Re: P700 error code

The P-6 error fix I originally posted only fixes the P-6.

The P700 code seems to be due to a connection error.

I used to have this before the 7.2 Roku OS upgrade on 2 devices at the far end of the house.

I did a WiFi signal analysis and found the signal strength to be marginal.

I added another WiFi acces point at that end of the house. Those Roku devices have not seen the P-700 error since.

This is what I used to add the access point.

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/xavb1301.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

There was no need to run an ethernet cable to it.

Adding a Wireless Repeater or Wireless extender may or may not work. Somce repeaters reduce your bandwidth by 50% and is not the direction I wanted to take. The device I used gives me close to 100Mbps. This is just fine for TWC TV App on a couple of Roku devices.

One test you can do is take your phone, install speedtest on it from speedtest.net. Place it next to your Roku while on Wifi and run the speedtest. Not an exact science but is a good indicator of what is going on.

In my case I had 10-12 Mbps on my phone. With the new WiFi device I now have 98Mbps and no more P-700 errors.

This is what happened for me, Not saying this will fix your issues.

Participant

After I did the speed test, now I have a p707 error code... and now it won't go back, even doing the home 3times ect.....i have done that several times... What now???? This is so ridiculous beyond words!!!
Community Manager

The P707 error on the Roku is a general connectivity error.

Community Manager

As of 3:47pm EST, the issue causing the P707 error has been resolved.  If you continue to experience an issue after restarting the modem and the Roku device, please let us know.  

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

Still getting the P700 error message. Have rebooted several times, but still nothing. 

Community Manager

GGcook

Have you also tried deleting and reinstalling the app?  

James 

TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

This error has become tiresome.  First my internet turns on and off and now none of my TW on Roku works right.  Consistently getting the "P" errors.  This item is not fixed and it seems to have gotten worse.

Highlighted
Newcomer

I agree - this is crazy...
Newcomer

The problem still exist!!!!!!  It was not resolved as of yet and this is September.

Newcomer

I agree on the P707. I see issues with this from July and I just experienced it with both of my Roku devices (model 3600). Just power cycled my modem and router and am hoping that helps but feeling hesitant it will.