Highlighted
Rookie

Not sure why I have to have cable to watch channels on Roku?

Why would I have TWC channels on Roku? Why not just watch them on tv. I think if you subscribe to internet and have Roku you should have access to the channels. Why pay twice to watch the same thing. I only have internet and Roku. Its stupid to have to have cable too just to watch programs.

6 REPLIES
Browser

Re: Not sure why I have to have cable to watch channels on Roku?

You have to pay for the content.
Expert

Showtime, HBO, MC, do not offer direct subscriptions to individuals... Complain to them.

Buying a Roku, Tivo Hauppauge, SD box doesn't give you any viewing rights...

It's like buying a car and expecting it to come with free gas! Woman LOL

Rookie

If you are looking to watch some sort of cable channel bundle on the Roku box you can soon get Direct TV Now on the Roku box. Slated to start 1st. quarter 2017.

And of cause HBO Now has been a choice on the Roku for some time.

For sure it all cost extra in addition to your internet fee.

Helper

If you don't want to pay for cable channels get an antenna. There are lots of options for free over the air channels.

Another analogy...it's like buying a refrigerator and thinking food is included.

Rookie

I do pay...i pay for internet service. I think its redundant to have to have both cable and internet to watch the same content. I lf i had cable there would b no reason for the Roku device...duh...so much for cutting the cord.
Helper

Matkat7290 wrote:
I do pay...i pay for internet service. 

Exactly.  You pay for internet service, not tv service. Just because you pay for internet service and have a device that includes the Netflix app do you expect Netflix to give you their content for free?