Highlighted
Newcomer

NFL network preseason games not airing live

Why am I not getting live NFL preseason games on the Roku app?  These aren't games even close to being on local TV stations.  Every time I'm getting "A Football Life" episodes instead of the live preseason games.  Whats the problem Spectrum?

5 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: NFL network preseason games not airing live

Will3 wrote:

Why am I not getting live NFL preseason games on the Roku app?  These aren't games even close to being on local TV stations.  Every time I'm getting "A Football Life" episodes instead of the live preseason games.  Whats the problem Spectrum?

Are you saying that you can tune the game live via your set-top-box but not using the App on your Roku?

The NFL Network is only airing 16 pre-season games LIVE this pre-season, but will air all of the games eventually via tape delay.

If you want live out of market pre-season games that are not being aired nationally, then you need to pay for the NFL Game Pass, which will get you  LIVE pre-season games, as well as replays during the regular season.  It costs $99.99.

Here is the schedule of LIVE Pre-season games on NFL Network:

http://www.nfl.com/network/preseason

This is not a Spectrum issue, unless you get the games via your STB and not your Roku app while AT HOME on your HOME Wifi / LAN.  TV Anywhere means anywhere in your home, not on the planet.

Browser

[ Edited ]
Yes, he is saying while a real game is on live and showing correctly on the stb, they are showing documentaries of players like Jerome bettis instead on the streaming app.

Same thing happened here during the Seahawks Vikings game.
N/A

ITS THE NFL BLOCKING IT NOT SPECTRUM BESIDED ITS ONLY PRESEASON

Newcomer

The Steelers vs Falcons game, although it was listed in the schedule on TWC at 4pm on NFL Network, NOT SHOWING LIVE!

Established Sharer

The NFL has so many exclusive contracts with various providers that it's almost impossible to keep up with what their rules are now for broadcasting games. Essentially for any live streaming of games (not through a regular set top box or cablecard device) the NFL has blackout rules and licenses various apps like the NFL Game Pass, Verizon mobile devices, Sling TV, Amazon, or one of many other ways of live streaming games.