Spectator

LOCAL STATIONS BECOME UNAVAILABLE AT 5 IN THE MORINING

THIS IS STRANGE AND I FEEL IT HAS TO BE ON SPECTRUMS END. IN MY BED ROOM I USE A ROKU PLAYER AND THE SPECTRUM APP. USUALLY THE APP WORKS FINE. OVER THE LAST 3 DAYS, AT 5 AM THE LOCAL STATIONS BECOME SERVICE UNAVAILABLE. I AM IN ROCHESTER AND THIS MORING I WAS WATCHING CH 8 AND RIGHT AT 5 AM THE CHANNEL WENT OFF AIR. OTHER CHANNELS ALL STILL WORK, JUST NO LOCALS. THIS HAS HAPPENED THE LAST 3 DAYS IN A ROW. WHEN I USE IT AT NIGHT ALL LOCAL CHANNELS WORK FINE. ARE THEY BLOCKING THE LOCAL NEWS FOR SOME REASON

1 REPLY
Established Sharer

Re: LOCAL STATIONS BECOME UNAVAILABLE AT 5 IN THE MORINING

We'll have to assume that you are in Rochester NY and not one of the 4 other states with a town or city named Rochester.  The disruption you describe is probably part of the channel shifting that precedes Spectrum's migration to fully encrypted digital TV service.  5 AM is a good time to push out box updates for the channel changes made during the previous night hours. 

Unfortunately, the support folks staffing the nationwide tech help phones and chat lines don't know which days and times that work will take place in each local franchise area.   Also the Caps Lock key on your keyboard appears to be stuck!