Observer

Re: 10 minutes of HD

You might wanna check out my post from yesterday entitled "Football with the Spectrum App on various networks"

Proven Sharer

Re: Football with the Spectrum App on various networks

I imagine it's not the app itself, but the head-end sending down the packets.  Too many people want to watch the same thing.

Observer

dstoffa

Are you saying this is a broadcasting netword issue, i.e., CBS, FOX, CBS? This wasn't the case last year .... all my ROKU + Spectrum App streams were good. Yesterday, the pixelation was sooooo bad the game was unwatchable.

Proven Sharer

@Gatorbyter wrote:

dstoffa

Are you saying this is a broadcasting netword issue, i.e., CBS, FOX, CBS? This wasn't the case last year .... all my ROKU + Spectrum App streams were good. Yesterday, the pixelation was sooooo bad the game was unwatchable.

What I am saying is there may be too many people watching one particular program / network at the same time.  I am sure the number of streamers has increased since last year, but there has been little or no improvement on the head ends to provide the source.

You don't design a freeway to move rush hour volumes of traffic at 70 mph, as your freeway will be empty most of the time.  The cost of those extra lanes is not justified.  A similar analogy can be drawn to the streaming platofrm(s).

Not applicable

Yes!! I never had this particular issue until I tried to watch the first week of NFL games last sunday.  Pixelated picture or a loading message occurs every 5 minutes or so.  Absolutley terrible.  

Newcomer

I’m also having this problem. I’ve had no issues with the picture quality except when I try watching a football game. Then it is buffering/sputtering. However, if I change the channel, the other channels work just fine. So it’s not an issue with my connection. This app stinks for sports. Spectrum needs to do something about this. The other night I was trying to watch a college football game on ABC. It was basically unwatchable on the Spectrum app. I opened the ESPN app and the game came in super clear, no issues at all. So if you want to watch a game, use the ESPN app (if the game is on one of their networks).
Observer

So sad .... I posted this issue/problem over a month ago and no resolution whatsoever. From all I can determine this is a fundamental problem with the Spectrum App. As another poster mentioned, if the game is on ESPN, I can use their app and get crystal clear results but if I switch to the Spectrum App, it's pixelation hell.

Gatorbyter

Newcomer

I had a real conversation with an engineer on the TV project. He said that Spectrum wildly underestimated the demand for this product. So they are totally short of the servers they need, and since they need a massive number of them, it is going to be a while before service is restored to what it should be. The worst problems are during Saturday college football, NFl games. It i s reprehe so like that Spectrum doesn't inform their online tv subscribers and have the nerve to continue to charge their standard rate for a sub standard product.