Not applicable

Extremely Frustrated with Spectrum App

Every night there is a different error that randomly shows up. Half the time I have to restart the app several times to get it to work. Worst streaming service I have ever used and the On Demand is a joke.
9 REPLIES
Browser

Re: Extremely Frustrated with Spectrum App

Also disappointed.  Spectrum Online not working during evening news today.  

Newcomer

Same issue. Errors every time we go to sit down to watch anything. Seems they cannot handle the amount of devices streaming thru the service or they have other issues. Constant frustration to pay for something that has so many errors.
Observer

Spectrum still considers their app a "convenience" item that extends the service to more devices in your home . Unfortunately, for those of us who have gotten rid of cable boxes in favor of Smart TVs or Rokus, it's not merely a convenience, its essential.

Newcomer

Same here. Never been more frustrated with an app. It's not just on Roku - the Samsung app is just as bad. Locks up, never launches. We cut the cord and depend upon it for our local Tv and everything else.  And we're paying for this. 

Spectrum, what is the plan to make this a stable app?  It's not about fixing bugs, there are systemic issues that indicate a poor architecture or basic design flaws.

Newcomer

Let me add my voice to those expressing frustration with the Spectrum App on Roku TV

- Most common:   the app fails when changing channels.   It can take 5, 10 or 15 minutes of starts and restarts before the app finally reloads and a new channel can be select. 

SPECTRUM:  this app is failing DAILY!   What are you doing to improve this app for Roku devices?

Newcomer

This app is a joke. Just like everyone else we get errors constantly.  I can watch one channel for hours but if I change the channel I’m done for the night. I called 2 days ago and Spectrum said it was due to Hurricane Florence.  BUT.... they are the same issues I’ve had for months.   I never have any issues with Netflix or Amazon so we know it’s the Spectrum app. 

Observer

Just want to agree with all the others.  This app is terrible and see no interest in correcting the problems which are too many list.  I'm in Cincinnati, don't know if it's just my area or nation wide but the failures seem to be more frequent in the  late evening.  It's more than frustrating.

Not applicable

Yeah, it's terrible. Constant "not available right now. Try again later", lose picture in the middle of shows (gets pixelated, fuzzy, etc). I stopped Hulu live to sign up for this crap, will be going back to Hulu in a hurry. I only tried it because of the price...not worth it.

Once again, Spectrum finds a way to screw the customers!! No wonder they're being kicked out of NY!!

Not applicable

Glad to know it's not just us. I was using firestick and had to get a roku just to use the app. Fails when changing channels, fails to load often. Always comes back and says not available or i don't have access to something (not true). Hate this app!