Rookie

Error code RGE-1001

As I try to get to the guide from live TV I keep getting this error. I see in this forum same thing was happening in 2017. Has this not been resolved yet? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled and unplugged Roku and plugged back in. Still getting same error.
9 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Error code RGE-1001

We've had Spectrum for less than a year and the same is happening. One TV NEVER allows me to change channels without an error code. We effectively have no TV in one room.

This is a nice idea, it just isn't working. 

Lead Moderator

Good morning,

That particular error is often associated with connectivity issues. 

We encourage you to post some additional information about the situation. 

If you would like direct support in looking into the issue please do contact 

our Social Media Customer Care Team at:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I get this same error code every dam night . I was told it was an issue with roku and that they were working to fix it. That was 3 weeks ago and I’m reading on here that it’s been an issue since 2017? I’m so fed up that I’m just about ready to go back to sling tv. I’ve never had an issue with their service . I’m tired of paying for a service I can’t get. Big mistake switching to spectrum. And don’t bother calling customer service. I sat on hold for 30 minutes before I gave up and hung up. Horrible service all around!!!
Not applicable

I'm getting the same thing.  When I called support I was told they're working on it.  This has been going on for at least a week now.  

Not applicable

On a related note, their modem drops out on a regular basis

Not applicable

I have the same problem, my Roku is hard wired via ethernet and we have barely any other devices on the network, there is no reason I should be having connectivity issues yet my channels will not load. So incredibly frustrating! Please DO NOT SUGGEST that I pay spectrum yet another $12 per month for a box after they just raised our rates AGAIN!

I also do not have modem drops at all.

Newcomer

Same issue - everytime i try to watch.  Extremely frustrated.  It seems to happen when I try to change the channel, or close out and then try to quickly restart the app.  It seems to start working again after a 3-5 of minutes of closing out and attempting to restart multiple times.

Rookie

YES ! Just got that notice in the mail yesterday !!!   Lucky us. 

Rookie

I agree. 

Every night I get 3-4 different error codes and cannot use the Spectrum app on ROku. I have tried rebooting my router, rebooting my ROku, resintalling the Specrtum app. at this point, I'm not sure what I am paying for. I only kept TV because antennas won't help me get local stations enough to cut the cord, but at this point, SPectrum is not worth the money. Especially considering that they have known of problems with their app for YEARS>