Re: Emergency Alert Broadcast- Weekly Tests!!!!

I apologize for the frustration. There is a known issue for which we have an open trouble ticket. The matter is being addressed and we hope to come to a timely resolution.

Re: Emergency Broadcast System

I apologize for the frustration. There is a known issue for which we have an open trouble ticket. The matter is being addressed and we hope to come to a timely resolution.

Newcomer

Same thing here in Findlay Ohio completely sick of it every 15 minutes just really started bad about a week ago on a Roku 4 something definitely needs to be done!
Spectator

EAS broadcasts. Stop it

Pull the plug on this malfunction and fix it in the lab.

How come my phone doesn't issue tests (EAS) but does

issue the real deal?

Pull it and fix it!

Ahs
Newcomer

I am in north carolina.  Had over twenty some eas tests yesterday.  Some were just 10 mins apart. I didnt see any alert tests for my area. They were for other states.

I filed a complaint with the FCC.  This has been going on for several weeks for us.  I certainly hope this is not an effort by the cable company to force its customers to buy their cable boxes rather than use a roku.  

Newcomer

Same problem in Texas, seeing an overwhelming number of alerts all day, with alerts now appearing every few minutes for every single area served by Spectrum.  Obviously, something has been changing in just the past few weeks, as it appears like an ongoing internal migration project has allowed this to slip though the cracks.  

Newcomer

Happening to me too in Orange County, CA. hopefully it's fixed soon or I'm cancelling TWC. I pay a ridiculous amount for the service, and this is not usable like this.
Expert

FOLKS, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL NATION WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE AND COMPLAIN TO THEM. THEY WILL GET A HOLD OF THE BROADCASTERS THAT ARE SENDING THIS INCORRECT ROUTING INFORMATION IF THEY WON'T GIVE YOU THE LOCAL BROADCASTERS NUMBER. Be nice, some  are pretty arrogant.

Please try to get several of the areas affected and the initiating broadcasters call sign and city. If so call the station during normal business hours and ask to speak to the chief engineer about the EAS EAB system malfunction... again, be nice, I have had some pretty arrogant ones who have been in the business a few decades less than I have.

You can also try contacting your State EMA office / Homeland security.

however if the tests aren't initiated by them, they will be beligerant.Robot Mad

Rookie

same thing happening in 13069 late at night and early in morning.  alerts for out of state counties from all kinds of other states.  sick of it every ten minutes.

Newcomer

Same problem here in 90046 - I called and spent a half hour trying to explain that the guy wasn't going to be able to solve the Emergency Alert problem sending a signal to my cable box!  Then I had to clarify what the FCC was.  Oy vey.

The 2nd level customer service person is sending a tech here today- I tried to talk her out of it, but they simply have no idea what is going on.  Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right is doing...

TWC/Spectrum - this is a real problem.  I got interrupted during Dancing With The Stars last night 4 different times- each from some random region of the USA. 

Assistance appreciated.  And y'all can alert your reps not to waste your poor tech's time!