Newcomer

Re: Emergency Alert System (EAS) notifications on the TWC TV for Roku

I'd like to weigh in as another user that is seeing WAYYYY too many EAS alerts - tonight I got eight alerts in like 45 minutes, and thay are from all over the country.

Newcomer

This has been happening more and more often with my device and my fathers. It's beyond annoying and frustrating. I thought my settings were off but I they weren't.  I am sorry to hear this BS problem is happening with so many customers, but I am glad to know that my house isn't the only one experiencing this issue. 

Seriously Time Warmer and Roku- fix this **bleep**!

Just in one hour this broadcast signal went off at least 10 times that I counted tonight. 😒 

Newcomer

I am having this problem tonight from Orange County also (and have been all week) and it is Emergency Broadcast Alerts for multiple states several times an hour. I like to watch tv quietly at night while my husband sleeps and hearing that awful sound going off is terrible and I try to mute it before the husband wakes up. I may just switch to dvds, this is ridiculous!

Browser

Re: Emergency Alert Broadcast- Weekly Tests!!!!

Call in to the Support Line, open a problem with them and mention these forums.  They have not heard a lot of complaints and are not yet willing to consider this a widespread system problem.

I've been putting up with it for months and only just got frustrated enough to call.

I got some 40 overnight but was only able to photograph about 22 of them.

Browser

Call in to the Support Line, open a problem with them and mention these forums.  They have not heard a lot of complaints and are not yet willing to consider this a widespread system problem.

I've been putting up with it for months and only just got frustrated enough to call.

Browser

Re: Non-stop Emergency tests from all over the country.

Browser

Re: Emergency Broadcast System

Call in to the Support Line, open a problem with them and mention these forums. They have not heard a lot of complaints and are not yet willing to consider this a widespread system problem.

Participant

The moderator said to go to TWC Help on the forum and file a complaint with your account number and address, i can't find where that is?  If everyone that posted here can do that maybe that will get your attention.   Calling and talking with someone in the philippines is useless.

Rookie

Re: WEEKLY TEST

I'm experiencing the same thing. For the last two weeks starting at 3am and not ending until after I leave for work at 7:30 am, every ten minutes there's a weekly test. I'm in NC and I've been getting tests for the whole country and then just now for the Ontario Canada area. It really is annoying
Expert

Re: Emergency Alert Broadcast- Weekly Tests!!!!

Call the local national weather service office, complain, and get the local broadcaster for your area that sends the alerts, call them, complain to their engineering dept.

While they claim it's an FCC rquired test, they are abusing it.

They can put the heat on TWC if it's a TWC problem