Rookie

Re: Emergency Alert Broadcast- Weekly Tests!!!!

Thanks! I reposted my message there. 

Newcomer

Re: Emergency Alert System (EAS) notifications on the TWC TV for Roku

I agree.  I am so tired of them.  They been coming 15 - 30 mins of each other.  It is not only annoying but they are also disrupting my signals on the channels since most of the time an error message arrives after them and I have to change channel and/or switch out of roku to clear them.

The messages aren't even for our area.  They have been mostly for the southern states.  

Common TWC/Spectrum fix this or lose me too.  I have had my full of troubles from this company.

I just had 3 of them in the last 15 mins.  This is really unacceptable.

Rookie

Constant EAS tests here too. Roku TV and regular Roku boxes. TWC app is almost unwatchable. Most of the tests are for counties in Kentucky while I am in Texas. Very annoying!!!!! This is in addition to the volume drops and endless looping of TWC commercials that can only be cleared by changing channels. Twice TWC rep has promised to call back with a solution and twice I have been ignored. Fully anticipate being ignored again with TWC not accepting responsibility for the EAS fiasco. Oh, and did I mention my bill suddenly went up another $20 per month for no reason?!
Newcomer

I am having the exact same issue in Alabama. I went to the Roku streaming sticks on both my TVs to save cash and because on the twc tv app the interface is a million times better then on those 1950s looking silver scientific Atlantic vcr looking DVRs. But every 5 mins it's the weekly tests from everywhere else in the country other then around Alabama. Seems to me twc needs to implement a system that detects your IP address from your twc internet connection (like I think they already do to authenticate you) but use that to know to "test" in that specific area that your in - - only once a week. Otherwise it's entirely making the app useless and not even worth it to use. Please please fix this!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

...watch TV for 15 minutes...

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

See how annoying this message is. Thats how f*@#ing annoying these alerts are.

I'm glad I'm only month-to-month and not in a contract.

Newcomer

i  am getting these dumb alerts every 5-10 minutes its driving me crazy

I live in Ohio and I am getting them from all over as well. I called Time Warner CS and they transferred me to Roku. Roku than told me if I call back I would have to pay. This is unacceptable. The alerts have the Time Warner branding on them!!! Turn the "feature" back off until you can do it correctly!!!

I’ve already signed up with another streaming provider and very may well switch to them shortly for all my programming.

Thanks for listening...

Rookie

Having the problem here in Los Angeles, too. This is outrageous. If it continues, I will be canceling my internet and cable and switching to u-verse.

Rookie

This is beyond aggravating.... every 10 minutes with this EAS screech in the Dallas area.  It is not the Roku.  Like I needed one more reason to ditch TWC.  This one is sending me over the edge.

Fix this nonsense NOW!

Now that is funny no matter what anyone says!!!

kevinshammond wrote:

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

SCREECH!!!!!!!!

See how annoying this message is. Thats how f*@#ing annoying these alerts are.

I'm glad I'm only month-to-month and not in a contract.