Newcomer

Re: Emergency Alert Broadcast- Weekly Tests!!!!

I agree.  I am so tired of them.  They been coming 15 - 30 mins of each other.  It is not only annoying but they are also disrupting my signals on the channels since most of the time an error message arrives after them and I have to change channel and/or switch out of roku to clear them.

The messages aren't even for our area.  They have been mostly for the southern states.  

Common TWC/Spectrum fix this or lose me too.  I have had my full of troubles from this company.

Rookie

Re: Non-stop Emergency tests from all over the country.

I just experienced 3 more emergency tests in the last 15 minutes. That's 6 disruptions the last hour during Star Wars on TNT tonight from 11pm to midnight. This is simply unacceptable. 

Rookie

Re: Emergency Alert System (EAS) notifications on the TWC TV for Roku

This is getting to be ridiculous. The first few times it occurred it was actually for my area, but over the last 5 days it has happened no less than 100 times (5 in the last 30 miutes). I have 2 ROKU2s and 1 TV with ROKU built in and all are getting the messages. So far tonight ive gotten EAMs for KY, ME, VA, CA and NY.
Rookie

I'm in los Angeles and I'm getting them every 10 minutes (Last one was 5 min). TWC Is blaming Roku but it only happens in the TWC app. I spoke to TWC rep earlier today and all blame was put on roku, but roku does not broadcast anything so that makes no sense to me. Please figure it out so we can stop the torture. I'm getting them simultaneous on a roku 3 and a roku 4.

mary1018@pacbell.net

Newcomer

Same thing here as well. Getting extremely annoying!
Browser

I'm getting the same alerts.  I was getting them from Kentucky now I'm getting them from

New York and I live in California.  I don't ever remember getting them on the Roku.  Today

was the first time I have heard them on the Roku.

Rookie

I am continually getting these overly annoying LOUD weekly tests!!! They are making it to where I cannot even watch tv anymore. The alert is fifty times louder than the volume I adjust the tv to. So when I am watching tv at night in bed I have been waking up my fiance. Just in the amount of time I have been writing this message the alert has popped up twice. I cannot handle this and will cancel my service if this continues. No point of only having service for the Roku and not being able to use it. PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!! By the way, it just happened again and this time it caused an error message on the channel and now it's not working. This happens about every three alerts.

Rookie

There is actually another thread already started about this exact issue. Many people very upset.
http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/TWC-TV-for-Roku-Devices/Emergency-Alert-System-EAS-notification...
Newcomer

Happening for me as well. I live in Orange County and I'm getting messages for all over the place.
Newcomer

I am in southwest Riverside county in southern ca. and I'm getting these alerts every 10 min and uninstalling app did not help.